Mahoosive overgrown rhododendron removal.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
I concur; I have had three professionals spend all day taking down a very large ash tree for far less than £1,000 and two clearing a large fallen oak for hundreds. However, if there's no money to do the job, it will have too be the slow (wo)man-power way! I must say I have never known a rural environment as 'selfish' as the one you describe though - I am appalled!

BTW, there is no evidence that the toxin in Rhododendron is carried in the smoke when it's burnt; they are destroyed in the heat.
It’s only recently that I learnt that you can burn rrhododendron wood.. I always thought it acrid or poisonous.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I was under the impression that if you contact the people at the national grid and tell em you have trees close to contacting their cables they sent people out to chop the trees down for free?
Repairing faults being way more expensive than chopping trees down.
Don't expect em to clear up much afterwards though.

Fairly sure thats what they did at a mates patch of land where he'd planted trees under the powerlines.
They chopped the trees down but left em just by where they fell.

Kind of obvious when you think about it but don't plant trees under powerlines.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
She only moved in two years ago.The tree was planted many years ago by a former Tennant..
The garden was massively overgrown and we are still bramble clearing on a regular basis. They are popping up everywhere!
When she moved in, they were waist high, over a large area., it's been a big job for us, but we are making progress. It's a large garden.
We both have health and mobility issues, so we are very proud of our efforts so far.
It's going to take some time to put it properly back to rights, but we even managed to clear enough space for some tomatoes this year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE