Simple security camera setup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So, following on from Red's video post about security, I'm prompted to pursue my nagging thoughts (for the past couple of years) that we should have some cameras set up, we have one way onto our property, but external garage and shed on a fairly big plot. We've also got trailers and stuff...

I don't need anything complicate but it would be good to have 2 or 3 cameras up to monitor access and buildings, anyone got any suggestions for a simple, well priced system/product?

Thanks a bunch
T

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
I use the cheap yi cameras, only downside is they need to connect to a WiFi network if you want to view them in real time. They also have sd card support and an app where you can view and download the footage. I have the 1080 outdoors and indoor ones and the quality is perfectly adequate for what I need. Commonly found on amazon on sale

If I did mine again I would go for POE (power over ethernet) for simplicity when installing as a cat cable negates the need for WiFi and a power cable as its all done through 1 cable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE