Magnificent new off road transport

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Double the normal number of wheels, excellent ground clearance, huge load capacity, extraordinary stability, all metal tray.

I give you - the Bull Barrow Mammoth Duo

Bull Barrow Mammoth Duo by British Red, on Flickr

I got sick to death of forking manure into my existing barrow and heaving a large lump in only to have the barrow fall over sideways. Same thing happens throwing logs in. So my darling wife purchased me this beast - the wide front axle and double wheel should prevent that and the extra height save my poor old back

Photographed next to my existing extra large builder barrow gives an idea of height and size

Bull Barrow with Builders Barrow by British Red, on Flickr

and best of all - made in England :)

Bull Barrow Label by British Red, on Flickr

Is it a sign of getting old when a better barrow is cool?

So - barrow rides anyone :cool:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its a beast huh? But sometimes extra volume is great...moving wood chip mulch for example - no weight to the stuff and its annoying to have to make lots of trips. Brash is the same.

Its that wide axle double wheel that sold me on it though. Cuts down on manoeuvrability - but there are few tight spots here - it should really add to the stability I hope :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I would have given my last rolo for one like that on some digs :D :D
Bit of a blighter to tip up a ramp right enough, but for round the plot, that's a beauty:D
Your wife must really love you :D

M

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Never thought it was possible to experience barrow envy, but I am! It's lovely that, do the job well too! :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Great tool! ....One of the best things I ever got was the two-wheeled barrow, and the difference is amazing.....but that looks a big step up again from mine, I'll have to look into one of those.

I made up a little bar to clip across the handles to enable shuffling the barrow around with one hand, whatever you do with the ordinary barrow involves two hands and it's a great thing to be able to move it into different poswitions without having to put tools etc. out of your hand, move the barrow, and then go back for the tools; some of the stuff I move in barrows you wouldn't want to put your kit down in!

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
A barrow is not just a barrow!!!
That is a cool barrow:D

I only purchased one last week for site work from screwfix,,it was green,english made and looked ok.............i normally buy haemmerlin but they were out of stock
First fill with gobbo and it was allover the place,the handles and frame were flexing and felt unstable.........absolutely rubbish.
I returned it and ordered an haemmerlin,french made for the same price and perfect!
on this occasion the french outclassed the english:rolleyes:

'you cant beat a good barrow'

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
First fill with gobbo and it was allover the place,the handles and frame were flexing and felt unstable.........absolutely rubbish.
I returned it

'you cant beat a good barrow'

So few people get that now....which makes me wonder if they have even spent half a day shifting anything heavy with a barrow?

Its the same as a real quality spade......so worth it!

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
So few people get that now....which makes me wonder if they have even spent half a day shifting anything heavy with a barrow?

Its the same as a real quality spade......so worth it!

Absolutely right,my spade was given to me 30 years ago by an elderly neighbour,still going strong,,my bulldog shovel is 20 years old i use at work and fantastic to use.Im very protective with both:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Himself broke the haft on my wee spade last week :sigh: It was only thirty something years old too. My Dad bought it for me. I'm going into Bill's Tool Store to see if they have a new haft that will fit. The spade's fine :D just the wood rotted through at the rivet. The matching fork's still in good nick though, but it's never had just quite as much work.
British made, Sheffield.

M

robbo26

Jan 25, 2014
Abergele North Wales
I never knew these existed.
I'm a Bricky and I really need to get myself some of these beasts. I've spilt a lot of mortar in the past because the barrow toppled over due to uneven ground.
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE