Mad Max

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The important thing here is that it must grittier, dirtier and more violent than the original. The reason MMI went cult because it wasn't "Hollywood prettified"

I was ( still am ) looking forward to this but the trailer looks too polished. Just get a feeling this is going to be Waterworld in Fast Cars.

Hope I'm wrong.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Trailer 2

[video=youtube;YWNWi-ZWL3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c[/video]

Completly and utterly not safe for work or the kiddies. :)

Can't wait - thanks for posting this up. Must have watched the first trailer about 50+ times...
Got to try and get my hopes down a bit now though.
I remember being so excited for Terminator 3 from its trailer. I almost wept at how poor it was when I saw the film. (It was slightly redeemed by the music in the nuclear launch scene at the end though.)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I remember being so excited for Terminator 3 from its trailer. I almost wept at how poor it was when I saw the film..."

My thoughts exactly.

[video=youtube;62E4FJTwSuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc[/video]
Who knows how bad the next one might be. :)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I'm going to reserve judgement till I've seen it. I love the originals and there going to be hard to equal or beat in my book.😎 I just hope it's not as said all cgi and no story. Judging by the trailers it's had some money spent on it 👍👍

Sent from somewhere?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
A couple of clips have been posted by the studio, it does look absolutely bonkers. :)

[video=youtube;DHviD8QHBPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHviD8QHBPo[/video]

Clip 2

Clip 3

Some shooting and explosions so NSFW or kiddies.

:)

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Possible spoiler alert!!!

I read a tinternet rumour that the main bad guy is the surviving Goose from MM1

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Well , I saw this the other night - interested to hear what other thought/think.

So we don't ruin it for others can we just give it marks out of 10 please.

Also , see if you can recognise one of the actors from the original Mad Max films playing a large part.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I went to see it in 3d on thursday night and have to say i loved it, it is not a retelling, it is a story further into the future of Max post Thunderdome, without any spoilers all i will say is you are led to believe that between Thunderdome and this movie there has been some new family related tragedy in Max's past based on his split second flashbacks you see throughout this flick, i'm sure we will get more on this in the upcoming sequels.

Teedee From Mad Max 1 the Toecutter.

I give it 10/10 as when i left the cinema i felt i could have easily went back in got another fat tub of popped corn and watched it again, they really made great use of the 3d

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
My exact words to my brother as we walked home, we also spent the whole walk talking about what parts of the film we enjoyed and why, again a very rare thing for me

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
OK, Visually I'll give it 9/10 , script and story line I'll give it less ( sorry ) 5/10 , just wanted more dialogue and story.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Normally i'd agree on wanting more story but judging by previous Mad Max storylines i did not expect this at all going in.

Mad Max 1 = Good cop has best friend and family killed and seeks revenge

Mad Max 2 = Road warrior Max wants more guzoline and gets in varous trouble in his quest for juice

Mad Max 3 = Still after guzoline Max gets in trouble in Barter Town with the factions of power and plays them against each other in the style of The Good the Bad and the Ugly

I was only expecting a high octane rollercoaster ride fuelled by guzoline and that's what i got but I can definitely understand the desire for storyline and character development based filler

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Two hour car chase that left me exhausted.

No character development.

Accents all over the place.

Main Character came off a poor second to Furiosa.

Loved it on the big screen. Well worth a trip to the cinema. Will buy it on Blu Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Two hour car chase that left me exhausted.

No character development.

Accents all over the place.

Main Character came off a poor second to Furiosa.

Loved it on the big screen. Well worth a trip to the cinema. Will buy it on Blu Ray.

Can't disagree with those comments.

I'm starting to wonder as someone who isn't overly fond of 3D films if the actual aspect of trying to incorporate as many 3D elements and set stunt pieces within it to 'awe' an audience is actually creating films that may have been so much better without?.

< Humbug! >

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I only watched it 2D and didn't notice the usual 3D cliches that just serve to remind me I'm watching a movie.

The stunts are amazing but this is stunts over substance.

The film is spectacular. Imagery is epic. The budget must have been huge.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmm, is it worth going to see or wait 'till it comes out on DVD?
Though I love a good movie the last thing I saw in a theatre was No Country For Old Men. Thinking about it though I have a decent movie collection I have some gaps. Saw the 1st MM movie, thought it was good. Saw half the 2nd one and didn't bother with the rest of the franchise as I was pretty disapointed. Never watched a Rambo movie or any of the Scarface or Godfather movies. I think a trip to the movie store should be in my future.
So should I go or wait?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Based on that comment GB it does not sound like it would be your thing, as Countryman said it is basically a 2hr car chase filled with real stunts rather than a cgi overdose, Tom hardy's Aussie is every bit as sketchy as Mel Gibson's Scottish one in Braveheart, Charlize Theron is great as always and the supporting cast of several thousand extras is impressive but if you are not a fan of action movies it would be advisable to avoid it like the plague. Personally i've always enjoyed a good action movie and it was nice to see one that was not entirely filmed in front of a green screen and blue screen in a CGI studio.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Hmm, is it worth going to see or wait 'till it comes out on DVD?
Think about Dredd, it may never get a sequel because people waited for the DVD so the box-office returns suffered, while films like Mallcop, absolute rubbish but cheaper to make so they get one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE