Mad Max

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hmm, is it worth going to see or wait 'till it comes out on DVD?
Though I love a good movie the last thing I saw in a theatre was No Country For Old Men. Thinking about it though I have a decent movie collection I have some gaps. Saw the 1st MM movie, thought it was good. Saw half the 2nd one and didn't bother with the rest of the franchise as I was pretty disapointed. Never watched a Rambo movie or any of the Scarface or Godfather movies. I think a trip to the movie store should be in my future.
So should I go or wait?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

For scale and visuals I think you'll need to see it on the big screen.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers chaps. I do enjoy a good action movie. Leon The Profesional being one of the best I think. I just find a lot of them pretty poor. Dredd was really good but the likes of the last Batman was pretty dire in my mind. The 2nd MM movie that I saw part of just seemed pretty pointless. No real bones of a story. Sometimes pure action gets away with it. The last Expendibles despite the previous instalments was pretty good fun.
I'll see if it's playing near me soon and maybe give it a go.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well I finally got round to watching Mad Max last night. Tom Hardy was good, but then he does the big brooder well on films like Lawless and Bronson. Some of the cars were works of art and stunt work was awesome, but... I'm struggling here. Okay if I just wanted to watch stockcar racing for two hours and it did pull me in a couple of times. But I think a glut of bad videos in the 80's kind've put me off it. Just reminded me of a lot of movies from back then but with a lot more cash thrown at it.
6 out of 10.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
By what you had said previously up-thread i had a feeling it would not be your ideal movie

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Personally it gets an instant 6/10 from me just for the bass drum truck with the flaming guitar dude on bungees leading the chase crew actually being the soundtrack of the chase, reckon that's my inner early 90's raver calling that shot

Silkhi

Forager
Mar 28, 2015
N Yorks
4/10 some good bits. I loved the originals (well barring thunder dome like any sane person) and I had really high hopes for this. I found it boring overall & just didn't connect with it

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The music wagon was pretty cool. You ever seen "Duel"? Where a chap is being pursued by a trucker through the desert. I enjoyed that. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it; 6/10 isn't too bad a score for me. I just didn't get as worked up into a.froth like a lot of the critics did.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Great flick Duel, it was the first movie i watched as a kid that i thought of as a real horror as the antagonist was just a person terrorising another person rather than something supernatural

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Personally it gets an instant 6/10 from me just for the bass drum truck with the flaming guitar dude on bungees leading the chase crew actually being the soundtrack of the chase, reckon that's my inner early 90's raver calling that shot

Hehe; that truck had me cracked up! It's definitely a good film but as said previously; something was missing for me and can't put my finger on it...
Maybe it's because the interceptor had a short life! Hardy was pretty good in it, seen a few flicks with him and he's arising. Still; Bronson was spot on!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I thought it was great. Relentless. But didn't need to rely on gore, hyper violence or sexual violence to "shock" like many films do these days. Thought Charlize Theron was particularly good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE