Machete seized by UK customs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
Most crime I'd suspect is done with what is too hand - it doesn't tend to be pre-mediated that someone purchases , waits for the appropriate time or incident then unfurls their " special " knife to go and do damage to some soul.

I'd imagine the most used knife in blade attacks is something small and pocketable , not anything the size of your arm that needs to be kept outside and overtly signalling ones intentions to do harm with it.

I've done a lot of studying via my interests and activities in Combatives relating to knife crime and I could easily point people to some horrifying footage and outcomes of knife attacks.

I suspect most people purchasing these Zombie knives are people who just want to own it an fondle it in their bedrooms - most likely pre-pubescent boys.

The most used knife style in any attack I'd guess is probably a small kitchen knife when one partner 'flips' in a domestic scenario and attacks the other.

I'm not outwardly defending anyone's right to own a Zombie knife - I certainly don't wish to possess one , but I would where the enforcement of the law is concerned be wary of mission creep in terms of what is now seen as acceptable vs unacceptable and then thus banned.

This echos to me of the similarity in Gun crime in the UK and the reactionary response to it - Most guns used in gun crime are not recorded firearms but have been smuggled in and so ' off the books' but the reactionary legal response is to make it harder and harder for those firearms owners who follow all legal requirements to own firearms. Punish the collective for the crimes of a few.

And yet the wonderment is why Gun crimes still continue..
I always considered the need for these type of weapons to be defined by Freud's third stage of psycho-sexual development - look at my big chopper etc.

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
Lol!! Deep!!
To consider if I am correct in my understanding as towards the attraction towards these big weapons, is also part of something else related that Britain is keen to stamp out, for what kind of people does one think might be attracted to show items such as these.

Apr 12, 2021
UK, Newcastle
Having had a blade seized by Border Force it can be frustrating and often the rules aren't particularly transparent as to what it and isn't legal. I concur with the others in this thread with regards to the "zombie knife" theory, the serrations and overall look lend itself to that classification. However, its often luck of the drawer when its comes to Border Force agents and how the interpret legislation. It irked me so much as wrote to my local MP with regards to the 2019 changes to the law and their incredibly vague description of what constituted an "flick knife" (though the term should be "automatic knife").

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE