Usmc filbe pack system (inc camelbak ambush)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
Look post what ever you fancy. I'm just going to ask a moderator to move this thread to the humor section and I will re-do the review. Please be so kind as to not post your waffle there - I am leaving you this thread to do that which I consider very considerate.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Actually I was only trying to be considerate by correcting untrue statements. I've posted my references, including actual USMC training films and data as well as personal experience with the older pack systems (ALICE and CFP90) If you believe your's is more accurate please share your sources and your personal experience using/humping any issued gear.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Delete your ****y comments and leave my review alone, you have brought noting new or positive to this and no one is benefitting from a flame war. Thanks for that. Shows me that facts I know to be true will be challenged if I bother to do a review (and this is my first).

I think there are quite a few examples of you being wrong on what you have said and still you don't apologise - be a man and see your mistakes....

I do apologize for interupting your review. Your experience with the pack you have is either positive or negative. You seem quite happy with it regardless of whether it is genuine issue or not and I certainly cain't dispute that.

Regarding whether it is or not actual issue, as I said I've already conceded that you are apparently correct in there being a new generation of the ILBE family called the FILBE and that Eagle Industries appears to be one of the manufacturers (check post #5)

My only remaining sources of doubt is the lack of the NSN on the actual label you posted. However it does appear on the labels in the photos on the e-bay site you linked. The second (and last) source of doubt is that this family of packs is in very short supply among active duty troops and to my knowledge, the genuine ones haven't been declared surplus as yet. Yes there are used ones of various generations available but those are the ones departing Marines sold after leaving surplus (yes that's legal here)

Of course it may really have the NSNs on the various packs when you recieve it and of course it may have actually found it's way into the surplus system.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
....Small Pack
The small pack clips onto the top of the big pack.....

......This on the other hand is about 35 litres and looks like a reasonably normal pack......

.....It too is covered in MOLLE but aside from sticking the "assault" pouch onto it I haven't bothered with any other pouches.....

Actually, the small pack IS the "assault" pack. The pouches you're referring to are the "sustainment" pouches.

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
I Can't believe I am still wasting my time with this but again you are embarrasing yourself and proving your ignorance. Here is a photo of the back pack with the assault pouch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USMC-MARI...158?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2efbdc4e

I wasn't talking about sustinance pouches. I know what I was talking about, this is evident by the fact that I have written an ACCURATE review of the component parts of the FILBE which.

Please do your research before you question these things. I understand that as it is new kit there might not be a lot of information about it, and in this case maybe don't argue if you don't know.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I Can't believe I am still wasting my time with this but again you are embarrasing yourself and proving your ignorance. Here is a photo of the back pack with the assault pouch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USMC-MARI...158?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2efbdc4e

I wasn't talking about sustinance pouches. I know what I was talking about, this is evident by the fact that I have written an ACCURATE review of the component parts of the FILBE which.

Please do your research before you question these things. I understand that as it is new kit there might not be a lot of information about it, and in this case maybe don't argue if you don't know.

Research? Please refer to the official training video in post #17. I believe the Marines know the true nomenclature. Of course there's an easy way to find out for sure. You can always enlist instead of playing airsoft.

Last edited:

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
what are you talking about? You quoted me talking about putting the assault pouch on the small pack... Then you mentioned a sustenance pouch... Why?

I can only imagine you are the type of guy who has to have the last word so I'll let you have it and I'll post somewhere else.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
what are you talking about? You quoted me talking about putting the assault pouch on the small pack... Then you mentioned a sustenance pouch... Why?.....

Then perhaps I misread your comment:

"....Small Pack
The small pack clips onto the top of the big pack.....
......This on the other hand is about 35 litres and looks like a reasonably normal pack......
.....It too is covered in MOLLE but aside from sticking the "assault" pouch onto it I haven't bothered with any other pouches....."

That certainly sounds to me as if you're calling the sustainment pouches "assault pouches." And the assault pack a "small pack."

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
I not to hand but I am re writing this and have all the tech specs on other computer. Will prob get that done over he next few days. Have just got another of thse (man pack only) should anyone want one.

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
Main FILBE total pack weight with everything that's included is 15-16 lb, only pak 4 lb 500d cordura.
So large ALICE 4600d 2.8lb. total pack weight with everything that's included 6.84lb vs 16lb FILBE. ???
Price $20 vs $400
It looks like a step back.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2013
Canada
The CFP90 has actually been around for well over 25 years now and spares ain't easy to come by at all.

As for the ILBE it was originally designed by Arc'teryx's LEAF division (Law Eanforcement and Armed Forces) They are and always have been manufactured by Propper Inc. and their color is MarPat (MARine PATtern pixalated camo) What you have ain't the real one.

Here's a link: www.military-backpacks.com/ilbe

There was a rumor that an improved version (more compatible with body armor) might be made by Mystery ranch, et al. However as far as I know none have ever been fielded. In any case the label would have the NSN which clearly is missing from the one pictured.

Dude, enough.

I just bought my FILBE, yes with the F, not a typo. Which is the successor to the ILBE, the arcteryx designed one. The USMC pack system referenced in this video here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FemRN3y8Wv4 which you will see is the FILBE.

A simple google image search for 'filbe'.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fil...GuWXiQLukIGoDw&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1138

Man up, admit you're wrong and move on.

Here is my own picture of the system that I just acquired from ebay.
QBSB6pB.jpg

To make a correction to the above poster.

The camelbak, is the mil-spec antidote system. 3.0L. Coyote Brown is the one spec'ed with the pack.

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
Thanks for clarification :)

Are you enjoying the pack? I've used mine loads and am surprised I can carry almost 30 kilos (inc pack weight) pretty comfortably.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Dude, enough.

I just bought my FILBE, yes with the F, not a typo. Which is the successor to the ILBE, the arcteryx designed one. The USMC pack system referenced in this video here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FemRN3y8Wv4 which you will see is the FILBE.

A simple google image search for 'filbe'.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fil...GuWXiQLukIGoDw&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1138

Man up, admit you're wrong and move on......

.....To make a correction to the above poster.

The camelbak, is the mil-spec antidote system. 3.0L. Coyote Brown is the one spec'ed with the pack.

They do seem to be showing up now. But that said the one in the OP didn't have the NSN so I still have serious doubts it's genuine. Not going to be bothered to look up the specs on the hydration bladder again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE