M65 ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I fancy getting an M65 so,
who sells them and how much ?
are there a lot of copies around and how do i tell them ?
what are the sizes like ?
what choices do i have ,colour ,liners etc ?
and anything else you can think of
some help please :?:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Rapidboy...

Gary sells them on his site and I got mine for £40 inc liner from a local shop. In terms of colour, I think it's green or green and I have been informed to look for brass zips and proper button in liner to get a good one.

As for size, I have no idea, I don't know if they come up big or what... mine seems to be exactly what it says on the label and fits fine.

I hope this helps

Joe

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I've got one with green liner. Brilliant kit. I've seen them in green, woodland, black and urban camo. :)

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Thanks for the feedback guy's ,
I am still looking for an M65 but i was given this yesterday.
Im not sure what it is but it fits and looks like it should be pretty hard wearing.

414_1422_1.jpg

rb

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
that looks like a old model dutch army field jacket. the KL stands for the dutch army ( koninklijke landmacht). No experians with that one, i got the Klu version ( dutch airforce ) one. The Klu version has 4 outer pockets with in each pocket, 3 internal pockets. And one internal pocket. mine has a good DWR finish and came with a liner made out of acryl and coton, some people refere it as a teddybear liner. Mine is a big long, it comes almost all the way to mine knees, but it was a little oversized for me.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
There are knock off copies so be carefull. In USA colours you can get Olive, Black, Woodland , the new Digital, and new Tiger Stripe and extremely rare Night Desert. Many of these are not service issue, but either made by the government contractors or private concerns. There is an optional liner that turns it into a very cold weather coat. The Night Desert is a green with black grid lines and scattered splotches. The Desert appelation is a camoflage of camoflage. This stuff defeats many night vision devices and is suprisingly effective for general concealment. There are numerous copies from various nations with different patterns. Most of these are very used and more of a collectors item. Personally I fancy one in Donegal or Harris tweed. I just went hiking in my green jacket, waistcoat and moleskin trousers. I stalked a small herd of deer, a Sierra Club hiking party and some guy with a SKS in full cammies. I scared him to death when I popped out of the chapparel straightening my tie :nana:

peterkm

Nov 24, 2004
BELFAST
Hi Guys,
Will from Belfast Combat Gear is selling M65 jackets and liners. He said he'll sell them to BushcraftUK members for £25. Not sure yet if they are genuine issue or alternatives but at £25 for the liner as well it's a good deal.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
As I understand it, the austrian ones etc are a diferent fabric to the proper US ones. I'm not sure about any quality diferences though. they could be good.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Will's jackets are Austrian Olive Parka M65 Style Jacket's

austrian_m65_large.jpg
austrian_m652_large.jpg

How do these compare to the US versions ??

rb

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
peterkm said:
That's weird, he definitely said he got US M65 jackets...Honest!

He might have ,but it's the Austrian one's that's on his site and i was just wondering what the difference was .

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Squidders said:
As I understand it, the austrian ones etc are a diferent fabric to the proper US ones. I'm not sure about any quality diferences though. they could be good.

Joe, even the american ones have differnet materials, I have two M65 one cotton/nylon abd one polycotton. The diferences are aimed at combating differnet enviroments i.e polycotton for temperate, nylon/cotton for dry cold ect.

I would imagine the Austrains go for a jacket with a quality like the nylon/cotton too.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
BIG-TARGET said:
I also believe that Croatia makes their own woodland camo version too :chill:

A lot of countries to do - croatian, serbia even the Thai's thats why so many cheap copies are on the market.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE