M65 ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
CLEM said:
Are the M65s from Alpha industrys considered real versions.

They are in as much as Alpha once made real versions - then the contract went to someone else. Propper also make real versions for the same reason, interestingly enough US law seems to make suppliers note items what are made outside the states and as such a lot of US sites list M65 AS IMPORTS.

Green M65 ARENT MADE FOR THE MILITARY ANY MORE so all green jackets now are at best Milspec (i.e alpha, proper ect) as this means they still make then the same but dont supply to US FORCES.

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
That Dutch jacket looks very similar to an old Italian one I had many years ago which I bought for 50p. That one was cotton and had five-pointed stars on the lapels.

A good hardwearing jacket as I recall, I wish I had kept mine.

Best wishes

Bruce

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Gary said:
They are in as much as Alpha once made real versions - then the contract went to someone else. Propper also make real versions for the same reason, interestingly enough US law seems to make suppliers note items what are made outside the states and as such a lot of US sites list M65 AS IMPORTS.

Green M65 ARENT MADE FOR THE MILITARY ANY MORE so all green jackets now are at best Milspec (i.e alpha, proper ect) as this means they still make then the same but dont supply to US FORCES.
Thanks Gary :biggthump .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE