Lymes Disease symptoms - have I got it ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
Hello mate.
You asked for actual experiences and my personal experience of shingles is that you would know all about it pain-wise. Shingles is a strange blend of surface stinging and deep muscle pain, plus the rash was quite obvious and localised in my case - it was on my neck. No veins - just a skin rash. It's a type chicken-pox i believe. If you haven't had chicken-pox you get chicken-pox, but if you've already had chicken-pox you get shingles. Or something like that.
Anyway, hope it's sorted soon,
Cheers.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I've had chicken pox twice... Once a few months ago, no shingles!

Come on rich, get your top off. Were all grown men here :)

(just kidding and swift recovery!)

al.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Got any bites like this Rich?
255656_226213284073773_100000553087166_869829_1650867_n.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Still waiting for the blood test results to come back so no updates yet

The pains have mellowed a lot but the line is still on my stomach

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
My step-daughter had lymes when she was a toddler. The rash doesn't always appear around the tick bite, and can fade very quickly.

TBH, your symptoms don't sound like Lymes.
I've had, and seen, similar symptoms to yours many times, they've always been what we used to call 'blood poisoning', which just means an infection travelling along the veins. People would get it when working outdoors, from a puncture wound that they didn't keep clean.
Doxycycline should sort it out.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Blood test results came back negative so that's a bit of a relief as far as Lymes is concerned.

Still got the lines and some occasional shooting pains though so it's back to the docs this afternoon.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Cool beans re the lymes dude! do you have a small child? mine will draw on anything either stationary or moving slow enough, just a suggestion you might want to check.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
They're sending me to LGI for a chest and abdomen scan now, a bit scary but needs must I suppose.

Fingers and toes crossed here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE