Lymes Disease symptoms - have I got it ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Been to the docs today as a weird line of veins appeared on my torso. They've taken a blood sample but I'll have to wait around a month before I hear anything, I've also got a course of doxycycline to take for two weeks.

Carol noticed the line of veins last Friday as I was getting changed to go out for the evening, I thought I'd just ignore it but then yesterday I started getting some shooting pains in the exact area where the line is. As soon as I woke up this morning I still had some discomfort so I've been up to the docs this afternoon. I had to have a second opinion and even then neither of them were sure what it was.

I've got a line of tiny veins just under the skin all the way from one hip, up to my ribs, along the base of my rib cage wiht a bit of squiggle half way and then back down to the other hip, something like this ....

torso_front.jpg

Anybody ever had such symptoms with Lymes disease before ? I do spend quite a lot of time in deer country but nine times out of ten I'm tick free, could one have gone unnoticed ? Does anyone have any experience of Erythema migrans rash, to me a rash is a skin irritation rather than actual veins underneath ?

I'm looking for real experience too rather than a bit of google fu

It looks like I'm going to have a worrying few weeks until the results come back anyway :(

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Did you mention Lymes to the doc?

Yeah I thought I should as they were both stumped by the examination, I didn't want it to be a red herring though and persuade them not to look at anything else. I suppose the blood test will confirm either way but it's gonna be a long wait.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
230px-Bullseye_Lyme_Disease_Rash.jpg

Thats what the font of all knowledge wikipedia says the rash looks like.

Hope you are all right mate.

Cheers mate

I don't like looking on the web at ailments but that was the same piccy the first doc pulled on her PC. I can't think that I'd have missed such an obvious sign as the bullseye rash though, I think there are later signs though which appear months or even years later.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Doesn't look classic lymes to me but then again sometimes it doesn't appear at all. Could it be some weird post viral thingy?? You had a cold or flu recently? Possibly shingles, this tends to follow nerves from spine IIRC and gets tingly painful?? All speculation from me, not a doc

get well soon fella!

Alan

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Doesn't look classic lymes to me but then again sometimes it doesn't appear at all. Could it be some weird post viral thingy?? You had a cold or flu recently? Possibly shingles, this tends to follow nerves from spine IIRC and gets tingly painful?? All speculation from me, not a doc

get well soon fella!

Alan

Cheers Alan

I had a bit of a cold about a month ago but it was gone in a couple of days. I'll see how the tablets go and if I'm still having problems in a week I'll go back for a third opinion.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A guy I know had a tick buried in his leg unnoticed for months, it must have died mid dinner. He had awful flu symptoms from it for ages from the lyme until he got diagnosed. It sounds like you've gone to see the doc much earlier than him. goodjob

Sorry to hear your not feeling tip-top, I hope you get better soon bud.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND

get well soon fella!

That is what i was guessing just by where it was , but only a guess Rich ,get them to check it again buddy !hope you get rid mate .

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A guy I know had a tick buried in his leg unnoticed for months, it must have died mid dinner. He had awful flu symptoms from it for ages from the lyme until he got diagnosed. It sounds like you've gone to see the doc much earlier than him. goodjob

Sorry to hear your not feeling tip-top, I hope you get better soon bud.

get well soon fella!

That is what i was guessing just by where it was , but only a guess Rich ,get them to check it again buddy !hope you get rid mate .

Cheers lads

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE