Ludlow survivors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adderrustler

Aug 27, 2007
bridgewater
Ludlow survivors any one hear or know of them have spoken to a couple of other people i know, who have advised me to stay away any other input. please

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Quite a few of them are also active on this forum......
If you are interested in "preparedness" then you might find them of interest..."Rambos" tend to get short shrift!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
He he, they're fine, as John says there's a number of members that are here and there. We go where we're comfortable so have a look for yourself and see what you think.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yep, we gently point those more into the 'stock, store and stash', and how to deal with natural disaster and civil unrest, folks, their direction.

AFAIK they aren't into the armed to the teeth kind of preparation. They're not trying to bring on any vigilante seperate state insurrection.

I suspect they'd find that laughable :D

cheers,
Toddy

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Yep, we gently point those more into the 'stock, store and stash', and how to deal with natural disaster and civil unrest, folks, their direction.

AFAIK they aren't into the armed to the teeth kind of preparation. They're not trying to bring on any vigilante seperate state insurrection.

I suspect they'd find that laughable :D

cheers,
Toddy

Hilarious actually Toddy.
Best thing to do is to have a look and then decide.Horses for courses really.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
I am a member (as I am of quite a few other sites). Friendly bunch and DEF NOT into 'Rambo' stuff.
Try them and see.
I think that they are not better or worse then others.
ALL sites tend to suffer from the 'dominant' and the 'not so dominant'.
I have found them to be fine.
Also again every forum suffers from the same subject coming up again and again.
For members that have been there a while, it can very easily loose its 'luster'.
I remember when I subscribed to a mag called Car Mechanic and after two years the artilces repeated so I stopped buying.
Apart from IT, there are very few areas that change a lot (within a persons lifetime).
So how many ways can you say about making bannock? lol
Having said that. I was a member once (before moving)of a fushia society and they ONLY ever talked about fushias. ALL year!! but the enthusiasm was fantastic.
The chairlady was a small person with a very mild voice. But all she had to do to get the meeting going (from the very deafening hubbub) was to say 'Ehm tonights talk is about..' and the room went silent!! incredible
Alan

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Don't know a Martin Rik - do you mean Dave?

LSG is a small private site dedicated to self sufficiency / self reliance and overcoming any problems from power cuts to natural disaster. Its absolutely not about any silly political, militia or Zombie nonsense.

I enjoy the breadth of topics it covers - from making your own electicity generating water wheel to how to make bacon or dip candles.

However its not a site that actively seeks out new members - its very much a contributors site for like minded people. If you or your friends think its not for you, theres lots and lots of other sites on the internet - let us know what interests you and I'm sure someone here can recommend a suitable site

Red

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Don't know a Martin Rik - do you mean Dave?

LSG is a small private site dedicated to self sufficiency / self reliance and overcoming any problems from power cuts to natural disaster. Its absolutely not about any silly political, militia or Zombie nonsense.

I enjoy the breadth of topics it covers - from making your own electicity generating water wheel to how to make bacon or dip candles.

However its not a site that actively seeks out new members - its very much a contributors site for like minded people. If you or your friends think its not for you, theres lots and lots of other sites on the internet - let us know what interests you and I'm sure someone here can recommend a suitable site

Red

Oooops, Dave it is, very embarrising as I took some members on a winter camping trip and met the guy:eek: If you remember Red I was quite involved at one time with the site, just wondered what had happened to S1.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well the weekend I met them they turned up with enough kit in the trailers to get through most end of the world situations I could think of;) Nice bunch of folks though, it was a good weekend.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Well the weekend I met them they turned up with enough kit in the trailers to get through most end of the world situations I could think of;) Nice bunch of folks though, it was a good weekend.

If not a little damp down by that river, but the Oxtail stew went down well I seem to remember, thought the trailer sadly left the first night just after arrival IIRC. I do remember the sun coming out during the saturday morning which brightened things up a bit.

Wings :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE