Alexa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I have an alexa. The only thing it gets used for is playing music. It's opened up a whole world of music for the kids which is a positive. I'm not really intetested in automating things like like light switches and so on. I'm not overly worried about tracking. But, what with alexa, phones, TV and the Nest which controls our central heating by some mysterious means, I find the whole thing a bit spiritually draining, if that makes sense. Life is an endless series of accounts and logins. I have a hankering for a grandfather clock, gramaphone player and an old fashioned barometer.
I do have a wind up clock, though its not a grandfather clock, I have an old 60s record player, and I'm on the look out for a barometer...nearly there!
Life is so much easier without modern tech and having to deal with it, which can be extremely frustrating when it goes wrong. My old spong mincer still works in a power cut, it takes a few minutes longe, but I can still make a lovely pot of humus, whereas if I had to rely on only an electric hand blender, I'd be stuffed. Shops would be shut because their electronic systems wouldn't work, as would the atm so unable even get the cash to buy it ready made.(not that I ever do)
There is something to be said for the old ways of life.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Now, we all know, the OP likes us to stick to the topic :)

TeeDee specifically asked 'if you have one, what do you use it for' NOT 'do you think xyz is good or bad':)

Mostly because when some fruit loops hijack a thread from its original direction, take it off piste , introduce politics or religions and then someone manages to post something to incite a mod to close the thread. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE