Ludlow survivors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ludlow survivors any one hear or know of them have spoken to a couple of other people i know, who have advised me to stay away any other input. please

At the end of the day it just another forum. I don't know who these people that 'advised' you were? Possibly disgruntled ex-members that broke that particular forums rules? Or maybe they didn't like having a particular opinion challenged?

If you contemplated having a look , go have a look . If its not for you don't visit again. simple.

Anyway , its just another forum , no secret handshakes , no tin foil hats , no ultraviolet barcode tattoo's and no motorbike death squads on hold ready to 'off' ex-members...

As with any group there are bound to be people that you agree with , disagree with and everything in between.

What was your prime concern???:confused:

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Well it has added another six names to the list today, maybe they will stay, maybe they won't, but all are being given the opportunity to become contributers.

We had heard of an Ex-member that thought it was a "Cult" all because a few of the original members arrived there after being active on a "Cult" TV series forum of the 70's AKA "Survivors".

Takes all sorts to make the world go around I guess.

Wings :)

AlbeoLupus

Forager
I / We were that trailer and though I don't mind camping (though I'd rather be in a five star hotel :lmao:) I am not very keen on sleeping under 4" of water :umbrella:

We are quite friendly over there, we haven't eaten anybody for ages:eek:

My sig just about covers it :D

Albeo (WhiteWolf from over there)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I / We were that trailer and though I don't mind camping (though I'd rather be in a five star hotel :lmao:) I am not very keen on sleeping under 4" of water :umbrella:

We are quite friendly over there, we haven't eaten anybody for ages:eek:

My sig just about covers it :D

Albeo (WhiteWolf from over there)

No water in the camping areas?

East Coaster

Forager
Oct 21, 2008
Fife/Scotland
IIRC you have to sign up to view the forum properly.
But you still cant view it until you've written a suitably impressive introduction about yourself (those in the know will decide if you've made the grade!) :rolleyes:
Then after a few days you may be allowed "in". :D
I think you also have to keep posting on a regular basis, otherwise "your out" :eek:
If you're a good boy and tow the line for long enough,,, maybe you might make it into the "inner circle":lmao:
Perhaps it's this cliquey nature which put your mates off

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
IIRC you have to sign up to view the forum properly.
But you still cant view it until you've written a suitably impressive introduction about yourself (those in the know will decide if you've made the grade!) :rolleyes:
Then after a few days you may be allowed "in". :D
I think you also have to keep posting on a regular basis, otherwise "your out" :eek:
If you're a good boy and tow the line for long enough,,, maybe you might make it into the "inner circle":lmao:
Perhaps it's this cliquey nature which put your mates off

Utter , utter tosh.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Of the six or so new members this post has created we have five posting in the regular forums.

It depends if the admin staff are available to activate accounts as to how long it takes, if we are at a meet it can be several days, if, as earlier this year I was in New Zealand visiting a member of the forum, it may take several weeks :rolleyes:

And it would be the "Outer Circle", the "Inner Circle" is even more "Cliquey".

Yes we do like a good intro, we set this up after we had 200 new members in one night due to spammers. As Red has mentioned above, we are a "contributers" forum, if you don't contribute...Ta ta

Wings :)

funny little site, i have heard them discribed as close as bushcraft swingers,or anoracks with attitude, but there site is harmless, and has a little info on it, some good and some bad depends what your looking for.
personally i found it really boring and a lot of old news really,a lot of the topics were old hat. same old same old really but have a look make up your own mind. good luck

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Quite honestly BCUK is a more social site but increasingly less useful as a resource.

Not sure any site can actually get less useful, it's like saying a book becomes more predictable the more times you read it. The longer you are a member, the more repetition you see. I think it's more a case of people outgrowing a sites resources or interests changing or evolving in a new direction over time.

Occasionally new things pop up. I saw something today I thought might be of interest to survivalists. Dunno if it's new or not to the survivalists, probably not, but I've never seen it mentioned before. I was at the RAF museum at Cosford and was in the gift shop. I picked up a book called "Eating for Victory".

Synopsis

This volume is a collection of food information leaflets issued in Britain during the Second World War. It contains a wide range of leaflets, from simple collections of recipes to advice on nutrition. Some concentrate on using wartime ingredients such as dried eggs, while focus on how to make the best of small quantities of things that were in short supply, such as sugar. Others advise on "extenders and substitutes" to make supplies go further.

One of the more appealing features of this book is that it is actually useful! Much of the general advice is still relevant, while many of the recipes actually look worth trying, partly because many of them are simple and use a limited range of standard ingredients.

The period of wartime food rationing is now regarded as a time when the nation was at its healthiest. Food rationing was introduced in January 1940 after food shipments were attacked by German U-boat 'Wolf Packs'. The first food items to be rationed were butter, sugar, bacon and ham, with restrictions also placed on meat, fish, jam, biscuits, cheese, eggs and milk. The leaflets reproduced in "Eating for Victory" were distributed by the Ministry of Food and advised the general public on how to cope with these shortages. Typical contents include: recipes for steamed and boiled puddings; tips on how to use and prepare green vegetables; and hints about how to reconstitute dried eggs and use them as though they were fresh; making pastry with potato instead of flour; one pot cooking; making cakes without eggs etc.

It's a great little book, pretty much a manual on how to make good food from very limited resources.

Oh and here's a pic of the Lincoln BII in Hanger 2 at Cosford....

lincoln.jpg

Beautiful plane. The small jet under it's wing is a Folland Gnat as used by the Red Arrows. :)

Last edited:

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Oh and here's a pic of the Lincoln BII in Hanger 2 at Cosford....

lincoln.jpg

Beautiful plane. The small jet under it's wing is a Folland Gnat as used by the Red Arrows. :)

Is the other aircraft that the two guys in the image are looking at with the skid just showing under the Lincon a ME 163B Komet???

Cheers

John

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Eating for Victory is a grand little volume. Not as contnentious as the one about keeping ducks and chickens on kitchen scraps - which is still published, but now illegal!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Eating for Victory is a grand little volume. Not as contnentious as the one about keeping ducks and chickens on kitchen scraps - which is still published, but now illegal!

A good little book as you say but this is much better, far more detail

"How to grow and produce your own food" by Charles Boff, cracking book, includes looking after chickens and bunnies.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Amazing isn't it?
Still can't get my head around the fact that piece of legislation went through.
F&M from cooked meat? Cobblers. That outbreak came from the same place as the latest one.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone with a stake in feedstuffs had a hand in the legislation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE