Ludlow survivors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A good little book as you say but this is much better, far more detail

"How to grow and produce your own food" by Charles Boff, cracking book, includes looking after chickens and bunnies.
This is the stuff I like about LSG....strange and interesting conversations. Photo threads about people developing land, keeping, feeding & cleaning rabbits, off grid power....oh so many things that in fairness to Tony are certainly not "Bushcraft". Homesteading, self sufficiency, all sorts of odd things that float my boat though.

Red

lab72

Native
Apr 6, 2010
west oxfordshire
This is the stuff I like about LSG....strange and interesting conversations. Photo threads about people developing land, keeping, feeding & cleaning rabbits, off grid power....oh so many things that in fairness to Tony are certainly not "Bushcraft". Homesteading, self sufficiency, all sorts of odd things that float my boat though.

Red

I am finding LSG very intresting .

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
someone told me about ludlow survivors a little while ago and i'd completely forgotten what it was called, cheers for the accidental reminder. which, in reply to the comments re. BCUK's "useful level", is what i like about this site. everything gets repeated eventually so all those little hints and tips i'd forgotten, or all those projects i never got round to starting, all pop up again eventually, just like reading a ray mears or eddie mcgee book for the nth time, eventually it all gets hammered home and "learned".

cheers

stuart

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Long before lurking on LSG, I'd been searching for something UK-centric to the issues I was interested in.
J. Rawles was good, but religion can blinker you somewhat.

L

logstacker

Well,I tried to register 3 times. No reply. I emailed the mod. NOTHING. IGNORANT GITS.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Well,I tried to register 3 times. No reply. I emailed the mod. NOTHING. IGNORANT GITS.

Well the site has been down for the last couple of days, so they have no idea who is signing up or has signed up for a while, so wind your neck in until you know a few more facts please.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as they can get a hold of the Server administrator.

Cheers

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
You'd have thought they'd have prepped for that wouldn't you...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You'd have thought so, but even the unexpected happens from time to time, like any forum we are relient on others to keep it ticking along, sometimes technology lets us all down.

Strange though that someone tries three times, and doesn't get in when it is a self-activation forum:confused:

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Service will be resumed soon. It will take some time to get it all back up and running (new server) but please be patient. The site is either something you like or don't (bit like this really).
Alan

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thanks Alan :) good luck with your new server.

From the point of view of a Mod, here, this thread irks me. I think it's the posts from people who don't otherwise seem to participate on this forum posting agin another forum.
One member who posted hasn't been seen here in well over a year :rolleyes:

I don't think that any one forum suits everybody, all the time, but a thread full of wee niggles isn't a good thing :sigh:

We have the occasional BB's down again thread, one or two about SotP, and I know that there's at least one on BB about BcUK. No reason why not, there are familiar faces on all of them.

However, folks joining a forum to rant agin a company that didn't provide what they thought they should get so they're kind of trying to blacklist them; I don't like that, it doesn't sit well with most of us.

By all means join in and have a conversation, but get your backside warm in your seat first :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
It's a standard case of it's easier to moan then it is to help sort it out.
They needed some assistance, so I have helped. I run a few websites and forums and I can count on one hand (a few fingers actually!) the number of times people help.
As you get more members on a forum, the work load increases almost exponentially and what starts out as a 'hobby' can become a full time job. So as one webmaster to others. Well done and to all members of all sites, never forget on sites like this they are doing the work for free, so have some patience with them.
Alan

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks Alan :) good luck with your new server.

From the point of view of a Mod, here, this thread irks me. I think it's the posts from people who don't otherwise seem to participate on this forum posting agin another forum.
One member who posted hasn't been seen here in well over a year :rolleyes:

I don't think that any one forum suits everybody, all the time, but a thread full of wee niggles isn't a good thing :sigh:

We have the occasional BB's down again thread, one or two about SotP, and I know that there's at least one on BB about BcUK. No reason why not, there are familiar faces on all of them.

However, folks joining a forum to rant agin a company that didn't provide what they thought they should get so they're kind of trying to blacklist them; I don't like that, it doesn't sit well with most of us.

By all means join in and have a conversation, but get your backside warm in your seat first :rolleyes:

cheers,
M
Well said Toddy!
I am a member of all the sites mentioned and look to one or other for info on what is happening on one if another is down.
No point carping when a site is down - technology is fragile (and beyond my ken) - and I admire those who both run the sites and understand how to fix em when they break - if I could help I would but as I am too thick I just await the repairs with as good a grace and patience as I can muster....:)goodjob

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Thanks for the comments Toddy, and everyone who has added to the kind words.

I know I have on occasions crossed Claymores with Toddy, but I haven't seen a bad word on here from any of the BcUK admin staff in regards to me and LSG Forums/website.

Salan has been very generous with his time and finances to help us out of a (hopefully) temporary problem.

All I can say is Salan...:You_Rock_

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I liked LSG for the time I was there, I couldn't keep up with the post requirements though so got binned early on. I never thought I'd be short of something to say on a forum :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I liked LSG for the time I was there, I couldn't keep up with the post requirements though so got binned early on. I never thought I'd be short of something to say on a forum :)

Don't be a stranger !! feel free to sign up again, I think you'd be made very welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE