Lost on the tundra

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwolfhunter

Jan 27, 2011
Virginia, USA
Thinking maybe more gear packed along would have made it better? What would you have packed? Might have packed along flares or some such for signalling. no fire possible obviously on the the snow pack...nothing to burn.They were lucky...and I'm thinking they did better than others might have, due to cultural training. Wonder why they didn't turtle up in a snow shelter and wait with the snow-machine?

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
For sure they should have had food and water as well as more gas. Although more gas might have made things worse as it would've enabled them to travel that much farther in possibly the wrong direction, making their chances of being found even tougher. I don't know if they told anyone where they intended to be, or for how long, but once lost they may have been so far from where they were supposed to be that it may not have helped.
Flares would be a good thing, and if totally lost then I think staying by the snowmobile would be better than wandering away, where they then got separated.
Amazing things turned out as well as they did, considering such a vast and unforgiving environment. I like trees for a reason!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE