Lost interest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Maybe not seen me posting on here as i lost interest in knives,great outdoors etc,,no real reason but just couldn't get into it anymore.
Hopefully it will come back and i can find interest again.
appologise for not getting involved.:confused:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Easy done, real life gets in the way sometimes. I had a few trips and when I got there I didn't have motivation to stay.
Had a wee break and now out for the next few nights and so far loving it.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
No apologies needed mate. Come back when your ready, we'll still be here. Take care of yourself.

Cheers colin.

Easy done, real life gets in the way sometimes. I had a few trips and when I got there I didn't have motivation to stay.
Had a wee break and now out for the next few nights and so far loving it.

Yeh i guess life does get in the way...... It will come back im sure.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I get that myself from time to time Steve, it's hard to keep an interest sometimes as life gets in the way. Hope to see you about the forums again. You still on the same number? Ends in 22?

ATB mate :)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I get that myself from time to time Steve, it's hard to keep an interest sometimes as life gets in the way. Hope to see you about the forums again. You still on the same number? Ends in 22?

ATB mate :)

heyup rich,yeh same number mate.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Wulf,

Life does get in the way a lot. I didn't come here for a couple of years as I too had lost interest and when I became ill and couldn't get out I couldn't bare the thought of being even online amongst others who could go out. Then I popped on one night and gradually got (happily) pulled in by the gravity of kindness, support and interest of the wonderful people on here.

I'm getting out a bit more these days and I can go on loads of vicarious trips through the excellent reports and photos that members here post up. No-one minded negatively that I'd disappeared - in fact they were just happy I'd come back.

Have a wee time away if that's what you need, but don't be scared to return.

ATB with whatever you do,
GB.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I know what you mean. I have had a few hill outings over the past ten years, but not twice or three times a month like before the kids. Especially after my best friend and hillwalking companion died.

Now they join us I have found my love for hillwalking much more again.

I hope you find your enjoyment of whatever it is mate, whenever is good for you.

Richard

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It comes and goes Steve, I think most of us have breaks when we get a bit fed up

Something will spark your interest again one day, and you know BCUK will be the same if you decide to pop in. Forums tend to go round in circles, the same subjects crop up as new members join which can get tiresome sometimes.

It sounds like you need a night out under the stars next to a fire

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
It comes and goes Steve, I think most of us have breaks when we get a bit fed up

Something will spark your interest again one day, and you know BCUK will be the same if you decide to pop in. Forums tend to go round in circles, the same subjects crop up as new members join which can get tiresome sometimes.

It sounds like you need a night out under the stars next to a fire

:D one day rich,,one day:camping:
although i have to admit i have nothing:sulkoff:im a bed in a house kinda guy.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
a bit of reverse psycology,

can I have your stuff ?

If your a bit snowed under its probably best for a rest. Or if your a house in a bed type of guy try more luxurious car camping(if you don't already)

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I have several big passions in my life but the my longest love has always been fishing but I have found myself drifting in and out sometimes for long periods without even giving it a thought, even now, living in one of the great (trout lake fly & game) fishing meccas in the world....... bah, whatever it's still there when I need it like a loyal mistress!

same goes for the other things......... but its all good, my shootings on fire now without the pesky fishing!

Don't force it, it might come back, it might not but a dude needs something to do to get him out the house...... have a stab at something new. Not golf though, there is no need for that!:lmao:
(standing by for a barrage of tasselly spikey shoes hurled my way!)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You're 46 and you work in construction, therefore I feel its ok to talk to you thus:

Youre a yorkshireman, now stop blody whining and get out there. :beerchug:

[Well thats what I'd be told anyway.....:rolleyes:]

its just a phase man, you'll soon be back in the saddle.

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi Wulf,

Life does get in the way a lot. I didn't come here for a couple of years as I too had lost interest and when I became ill and couldn't get out I couldn't bare the thought of being even online amongst others who could go out. Then I popped on one night and gradually got (happily) pulled in by the gravity of kindness, support and interest of the wonderful people on here.

I'm getting out a bit more these days and I can go on loads of vicarious trips through the excellent reports and photos that members here post up. No-one minded negatively that I'd disappeared - in fact they were just happy I'd come back.

Have a wee time away if that's what you need, but don't be scared to return.

ATB with whatever you do,
GB.

Totally agree, sounds like myself.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
You're 46 and you work in construction, therefore I feel its ok to talk to you thus:

Youre a yorkshireman, now stop blody whining and get out there. :beerchug:

[Well thats what I'd be told anyway.....:rolleyes:]

its just a phase man, you'll soon be back in the saddle.

You certainly can talk to me Dave,and sure your right....just a phase:bigok:

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Same thing happens with cycling clubs, mountaineering rambling groups, etc., Enjoy a wee break and you will come back full of enthusiasm after a wee while. Rake out your knife and axe and have a play around with a small fire in the back garden, Time yourself , building a fire and boiling a litre of water ,then try another method and see if you can beat your previous time. Once the Bushman's Telly gets to you, I am sure that the old passions will come back. Hope we hear again from you soon best regards, dare I say get well soon. Sorry I am being Cheeky, but mean well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE