Looking for replacement taps for vinegar jars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
I have two old stoneware vinegar jars which had wooden taps in them set in a cork bung.

These have now got to the point where they need replacing and I can't find a source for them.

I wouldn't mind replacing them with stainless if no wooden ones are available. The bungs will also need changing and these are smaller than the ones you find for home brew jars.

Any ideas welcome :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Have a look for laboratory glassware.
I've got a stash of assorted bungs and glass taps.
If you can give me a size I'll have a look through the box and see if anything there might fit.
Most of mine have ground glass fittings though, can't see why they wouldn't work in a cork however.

cheers,
Toddy

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Or google brewery/pub supplies.....got a barrel tap from one a while back t' replace on me rum barrel.....was a stainless tap wi' cork bung.....Can't find the link atm.....but I'll post back when I finds it.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
How small do the taps go?, I've a Pearson bottle that has the hole but its' only half a inch across, the brewers shops I've gone in don't have owt that small.

Cheers

Tom

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
OK folks - I've done a measure up and the hole is 1" in diameter.

The Barrel taps I've seen were all too big - but I'll go and have a google :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See how you get on. I know where mine are stashed, but right now the shed is full to the rafters with stuff for next week's meet. The boxes with the laboratory glassware are at the back corner, safely tucked out of the way :rolleyes:
You're very welcome if there's one that will do but it might take me a bit to get to them.

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Tom if you have no joy in your search and a glass one will do, I know that there are some small ones in the box.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Thanks Toddy - you're a star!

I'm not in any hurry so next time you can get to them would be great.

I'm trying to think of good bushcrafty stuff I could offer as a swap - is there anything you need?

I'm quite close to grimes graves if you like good quality flint...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE