Looking for a stainles steel axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
you joke but condor make some really decent tools, much of the cheaper stuff is made by immacasa, and if it's good enough for people who actually live in the jungle then it's good enough for me to play with in the garden

Imacasa only make the traditional patterns afaik, and not the stuff that looks like someone has a been given a French curve set for Christmas.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
Paint the head and oil the edge.

being a real urban bushcrafter, i forage in the undergrowth of mrs sargey's make-up bags and steal little pots of nail varnish. it's the future i tell ye. very handy at meet ups when it all starts getting a little SFA-tastic.

PA120014.jpg

otherwise the fiskars axes are great, as you've no need to worry about the helve warping and the head pointing in funny directions. they will rust though once you're past the teflon coating.

cheers, and.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
the axes won't be O1, but they are carbon steel obviously.

rather than get a crumby stainless axe, why not just accept a little tarnish? run the edge through a candle before you put it away and the important part of the axe is protected, the rest won't dissolve over a week away (or a year sitting under the leaf litter!)

but it might rot the haft of your largest throwing axe :lmao:

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!!
Yesterday I get the steel (RWL 34) I buy the cheapest dim so I buy 100 rund and forge it to rigth dim that I need for the axe .But then time to take a breake for weekend :werd:
So let´s see what neext week can give :cool: .The dim now is 25x 65 mm so it take some big hammer to forge it down
KopiaavStainlessaxe009.jpg
[/IMG]
KopiaavStainlessaxe010.jpg
[/IMG]
Cegga

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Very, very cool

Can we have more pictures of this project please Cegga - I love seeing your work develop!

Red

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
ok here are more pics this is not me but it was in this hammer the steel was forge.
It´s a Beche´ 500 kg and the man on the pics are the owner of the chop and a weery good friend and the best black smith I know . And I have the fortunate to work there when he need some help and I go there so often I can .His chop are like a wet dream for a black smith :D
Cegga
KopiaavStainlessaxe005.jpg
[/IMG]

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Is it only me or does anyone else find metal changing shape a bit magical?

Thanks Mic - but a hammer should have a handle!

Must be a bloody big handle on that hammer!

Red

(ps if there is only enough steel for three axes.....I have No.2 ! )

Have you got a design in mind yet for the "canoe axe" ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE