Looking for a stainles steel axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
As I was reading this thread and thinking about a design, I looked away and the photo below popped up on my other systems screensaver. Check the bow shape of the OT Charles River. Spooky! :eek:

Keep the piccies coming cegga, it's fascinating!

Cheers,

Alan

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!!
Did forge some stainless today but not RwL this are the other material that I get and it went well .But I try one in RWL and that did not go so well :aargh4:
But I will do a other try later this week ;)
Cegga

9 stainless axes
KopiaavStainlessaxe012.jpg
[/IMG]

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Just get some cold gun bluing, remove all rust, wash in detergent, rinse, degrease with alcohol. Use rubber gloves and do NOT touch the axe head while cleaning it. Skin oil will thwart what you are trying to do. When It is totally clean and degreased. Blue it just like a gun.

After it is blued, coat it with Ballistol (this is available in the U.K.) Ballistol is amazing stuff, great for carbon knives by the way, all natural ingredients. Won't harm humans if ingested. Its main feature is that it is oily, and when water gets on it, it emulsifies the water. Otherwise the water lifts the oil and comes in contact with the underlying metal.

Some American axes come, or at least they used to, come from the factory blued.

Blued metal is not rust proof, but it is resistant to rusting if coated. You will have a lot more attractive axe than a painted one. Gun Blue is cheap, and a little goes a long way.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Watching this with interest, Cegga's work is just fantastic to look at, and i'm sure its fantastic to use as well. (but not having one i couldn't say:( )

stevec

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think, at this stage, lets let Cegga work out the details - none have actually been offered for sale yet. I'm sure he will let us know how many and when they are for sale -theres no "list" as such - just us all scrabling!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE