looking for a place to do weeknders with my best mate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shadow hawk

May 13, 2015
West midlands UK
I live up near Birmingham,one mate lives down by weymouth,best mate lives in Bristol and another lives in swindon.
Lookng for somewhere in that general area or even over in wales that we can do weekenders wild camping in woodland,maybe a spot of hunting/fishing if the land owner will let us,anyone know someone with some woodland they'd be willing to alow a bunch of 18 year olds to make a campfire on their land and camp for a weekend a couple of times,all respectful people including myself,no rubbish will be left by us and no hunting or campfires without their express permission.

A stream/other water source is preferable for drinking,washing and maybe fishing.

Permision to make a fire/cut up deadwood for the fire and the like would be nice too,but stoves will be used if need be.

Permision to hunt,snare and fish for the purpose of food(or officially crop protection for legal reasons)those permisions would also be a bonus,but tinned beans will suffice if hunting is not permitted.

If you or a mate have land like that you'd be willing to let us use I'd apreciate either a post here or a PM.

Shadow hawk

May 13, 2015
West midlands UK
Wild camping in most of England and Wales is pretty much illegal so its not talked about on BCUK. Getting permission can be a long process but very doable, however your an unkown member so I doubt you'll get much of a response.

Your best bet is to look here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19 and get along to a meet, get for face known sort of thing.
You do have a point I suppose,i will try and keep an eye out for the big community meets,maybe then me and my mates(one of which is training to be an outdoor activities instructor and is essentially a bushcraft guru skills wise)might get some offers from people to let us use their land.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE