Look what the postman brought

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
We had a knock on the door this morning from the Postman, nothing unusual in that i know, but he handed me my post and a parcel from Norway, now the first stunning thing is, this was only posted on Friday and it arrived here on Monday - pretty impressive i though.

The second stunning thing was what was inside the parcel, sitting inside, all neatly wrapped up was this.

DSCN5596.jpg

The knife was made by my good mate Jontok, he promised ages and ages ago he would make me a knife and to be honest until recently when he started to taunt me with stories of it's build, i had forgotten all about it, but tell you what guys, it's a stunner.

DSCN5601.jpg

The blade is a commercially available Brusletto, but the handle, now that is art in it's purest form, Buffalo horn, leather & some amazing figured Birch, the photo really does not do it any justice whatsoever, the shape and ergonomics of it is great and the attention to detail in things such as the shaped pommel and the tapered horn bolster, and the finish, well, it's obvious he took some time doing this, as it's been taken down through the grits and it feels silky smooth in the hand, trust me people, it's amazing workmanship.

DSCN5606.jpg

Now i have two things to do with it, one is to make a sheath for the knife that will do it any sort of justice, the second, get out there and use it.

I cant express my appreciation of this highly enough, so big thanks go to Jontok for his amazing generosity, now what can i send him in return?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Sweet as sweet thing! :thumbup:

Nuggets.. "YOW Bear Yow Bear"
Bear.. "Eyup Chis... Can yor undastand a wurd e just sed? "

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Nice present mate.
Now will you be using it to do some battening with it like you do to the one I gave you.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice, very nice :D Yeah, that one's a winner :D

I like my Brusletto knives, indeed I think it was a Brusletto that was the first knife I bought for myself that wasn't an Opinel pocket knife. I like them :D

cheers,
Toddy

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Beautiful Knife mate, you are a lucky boy!
Hugo, Mr Monkey witnessed Kep using your work of art Yesterday, and not a batten in sight!. He has it in a neck sheath close to his heart!:)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice present mate.
Now will you be using it to do some battening with it like you do to the one I gave you.

already done some battoning with it this afternoon, used it to make a bow drill hearth out of some seasoned hazel rounds

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Very very nice. I love Brusletto blades too. Doesn't seem to be a huge interest in them on this forum for some reason.

this is the first Brusletto ive used, so far, and ok this is based on just a few hours use, i like the feel of it.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice, very nice :D Yeah, that one's a winner :D

I like my Brusletto knives, indeed I think it was a Brusletto that was the first knife I bought for myself that wasn't an Opinel pocket knife. I like them :D

cheers,
Toddy

yep, i have a feeling already that this one is gong to a favourite:)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Beautiful Knife mate, you are a lucky boy!
Hugo, Mr Monkey witnessed Kep using your work of art Yesterday, and not a batten in sight!. He has it in a neck sheath close to his heart!:)

Cheers mate, i'll bring it along on Wednesday so you can have a look

nah, Hugo is talking about a different one, ill bring it along on Wednesday, mind you the Little Whittler i was using yesterday, is used on a daily basis, it's a superb bit of kit

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Glad you like the knife, Kepis. :)

Nah, just a hobby-amateur maker, but I am improving! ;) :)

Compliments where compliments are due Jon, dont undersell yourself, though, it is a cracking bit of kit

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE