look out dave's about

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Hi all,

My name is david sinfiield. I make bows, arrows, slings and atl-atls and I've been bushcrafting for years without even knowing about it.

I was born an brought up in Essex but moved to Norfolk in my 20's to do the 'good life' thing and got pretty well self sufficient in veg, ducks, chickens and roadkill. I also learned to prepare game as one of my neighbors was a beater on the Sandringham estate but couldn't face prepping hare's rabbits and pheasants that he was paid in.

Then work took me off all around the world and when I came back I got knocked off my pushbike by a bus and broke my leg. That gave me a few months of thinking time I decided to start making bows. Then I discovered field archery and it woke up my dormant love of the woods.

A few week ago I got a birthday present of a very fine weekend in Wayne's Woods. I can honestly say thay was a life changing experience.

I still have a day job to feed my archery habit. I'm a consultant for a software company but I can get sanity back by getting out into the woods at the weekend.

See you all around.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
hi dave and welcome to bcuk the folks here are a good bunch it sounds like you'll fit in just fine round here show us ome pictures of your bows i'm a beginner bowyer

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Welcome to BcUK, Dave :)
There's a growing group of archery folks on the forum; it sounds as though you'll fit right in :D

atb,
Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you on Bushcraft UK Dave and thanks for the great intro. You're lucky to have a life changing experience; some people spend their whole lives looking for them and never quite get there. I'm glad that it's brought you here :D

Enjoy the site

Aug 22, 2006
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hello dave, I'm a newbie too! - like you I've found my ideal direction, although I've had to change my job so that I can fund my "habit" & gain some time to do things, but its been worth it.

I'm currently working in Norwich as an IT consultant (although i'm a good 4 hours away from home!), but thetford forest looks like fun :) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE