Long overdue meet up/skill share!!!! 4th-6th October

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
So I can leave the muckle great kettle at home then ? I have trivets for it that keep it beside the firebowl catching the radiant heat so it never starts off to boil from cold.
If the wriggly tin sheet's a bother, I have an oildrum firebowl that Russ made for me.

Just let me know what's needed ?

I do have a lantern.....I need to sort out a mantle and clean the glass though.

atb,
M

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
So I can leave the muckle great kettle at home then ? I have trivets for it that keep it beside the firebowl catching the radiant heat so it never starts off to boil from cold.
If the wriggly tin sheet's a bother, I have an oildrum firebowl that Russ made for me.

Just let me know what's needed ?

I do have a lantern.....I need to sort out a mantle and clean the glass though.

atb,
M

Hi Mary, yeah i have three kettles that we can use :), so no need to bring one. But the trivets would come in handy though. As for the fire bowl, no need to bring it as the van is already packed, including the corrugated iron :cool:.
So i,m actually organized, for a change.

Thanks again Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Show off :mump, moan:
I'm still up to my eyeballs in Iron Age firelighting stuff and velvet curtains :rolleyes:

Do you still want the spare chute ?

M......love the weekend smilies :D

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Bringing frontier stove again as it was well used last time. Im hoping to use my bell tent as its not been used this year. Also packing my Tilley which I bought after seeng how much light they kicked out.

Hoping to bring leather working stuff so folk can have a play.

Orric

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Bringing frontier stove again as it was well used last time. Im hoping to use my bell tent as its not been used this year. Also packing my Tilley which I bought after seeng how much light they kicked out.

Hoping to bring leather working stuff so folk can have a play.

Orric

Mmmmm possibles pouch tution????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Does anyone have a fid for splicing amsteel that they could bring or show me how to make one from natural materials? I've a couple of hammocks to re string. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
The weather's probably going to be bad this weekend, but we can all handle it, of course? Truthfully I haven't the most experience trying to light a fire in the rain, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I just wonder how it might effect some of the things we've set up. It'd be a shame to call it off if it's heavy rain.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
The weather's probably going to be bad this weekend, but we can all handle it, of course? Truthfully I haven't the most experience trying to light a fire in the rain, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I just wonder how it might effect some of the things we've set up. It'd be a shame to call it off if it's heavy rain.

Hi THOaken, i've just been on the met office site and they're saying heavy showers tomorrow, Friday,light rain, Saturday sunny spells and Sunday is to be cloudy, so not to bad, going by their site.
Fingers crossed though.
But regardless the meet will go ahead, we are a hardy bunch.

CheersStuart.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Hi THOaken, i've just been on the met office site and they're saying heavy showers tomorrow, Friday,light rain, Saturday sunny spells and Sunday is to be cloudy, so not to bad, going by their site.
Fingers crossed though.
But regardless the meet will go ahead, we are a hardy bunch.

CheersStuart.
Ah, that's not as bad as I'd heard. Yeah, we'll be fine.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aye as my Gran used to say, "Your not made of sugar, out you go!" Big believer in the outdoors and keeping you in your place that woman.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Aye as my Gran used to say, "Your not made of sugar, out you go!" Big believer in the outdoors and keeping you in your place that woman.

Grand words......rain doesn't halt work......an it ain't haltin my
Weekend ;)
Run Silent-Run Deep

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's only rain.

That said, I've just heard that I have a visitor from Hampshire coming up, and no he's not into the 'scrafting. The timing is dreadful, but he got a deal on a return ticket for the train, so he's taking the chance to visit Scotland before Winter sets in.

No idea how I'm going to juggle things.

Chiseller, pm me an address, just in case ? and I'll post this stuff down to you. I'll see that it shouldn't get to you before you get home.

atb,
Mary

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
Think I might have to drop this lot off tomorrow night because this is only half of it.

Cheers
Dave

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380729050611.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380729050611.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 25

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
Cool will be up about 6 and will bring a dumpy bag to fling it in should make it easy to move then.

Cheers
Dave

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Well done Dave, i wil be up there tomorrow afternoon, so i will be there to give you a hand.

Cheers Stuart.
hi Stuart
Do you think you will need more wood? i can bring down 3"x3" batons if you need?
I'm now planning to head down Friday afternoon/early evening with Gb since
I 've managed to wangle a half day.
Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE