Long overdue meet up/skill share!!!! 4th-6th October

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 7, 2013
Langholm
hi guys and girls, il be attending, bringing a fair bit of trade stuffs aswell ;) is here anyone about 15 year old going, wouldn't mind someone my age to pal about with :p see you guys there - Jordan

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
hi guys and girls, il be attending, bringing a fair bit of trade stuffs aswell ;) is here anyone about 15 year old going, wouldn't mind someone my age to pal about with :p see you guys there - Jordan
Well, I assume the age range is going to be diverse, Jordan. I've done some snooping around and I've gathered that the average age is about 35. I'll be 20 in a month's time, but I'm sure we can have a chat. It's good to talk to those who have a couple of years on you though. Have you done any voluntary experience? You'll find that there's quite a few senior folk in such groups. Age isn't everything. Any fool can become old. You just have to talk to enough older ones to know which ones know what they're talking about.

Don't worry.

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Well if it helps, we usually act like a bunch of teens around the fire, although i have to keep an eye on their tea consumption

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
And if it helps my syco... psyc... sykol... Doctor say I've the mentul capassity of a 5 year old... HEHEHE.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
. I've done some snooping around

⊙

Sounds like you've still to spend time finding the oldies that are iyo are worthy of talking to.
Then learn.

Snooping......funny word that.....one of them funny words where folk don't laugh ;)

Run Silent-Run Deep

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
⊙

Sounds like you've still to spend time finding the oldies that are iyo are worthy of talking to.
Then learn.

Snooping......funny word that.....one of them funny words where folk don't laugh ;)

Run Silent-Run Deep
That's not what I meant.

Edit: I don't even know why I used that word. Snooping? Terrible word...

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
how do you make a seagull go woof?

half a gallon of petrol and a match.... now that's funny.......:campfire::togo:

Last edited:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Were doing a checklist.....I've never been under so much pressure lol. Sue is working tomorrow and it's upto me to have everything ready for when she gets home as I'm on holiday as of 3hrs ago .....oh hell yeah .

Were hoping to be there by 11pm ! Were roughin it tomorrow neet in a tent arrrrrgh

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
What should I pack for barter or budget buys ? Blankets , bags , packs , jackets , tweeds ? Wools ? Boots men's , .sleeping bags , hats .....dang.....forgot it's swmbos car an not my jeep arrrrrgh

Run Silent-Run Deep

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Are the ones who are going for Thursday just there to make preparations? The thing doesn't officially start until Saturday, right?

Were coming tomorrow, so we can enjoy the weekend. It's a 5hr trip , so we dont want to lose a day and were squattin there till Monday....oooooh yeah ( randy savage voiceover )

Run Silent-Run Deep

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE