Long overdue meet up/skill share!!!! 4th-6th October

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
So what's the official time table then? I don't really want to miss anything, but there's a whole day when I'm not there. I don't want to show up and everyone's already done firecraft, for example.

I'm thinking I might actually come down on the Friday, camp Saturday, but leave on the Sunday. It depends as I don't know what I might miss on Friday...

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
So what's the official time table then? I don't really want to miss anything, but there's a whole day when I'm not there. I don't want to show up and everyone's already done firecraft, for example.

I'm thinking I might actually come down on the Friday, camp Saturday, but leave on the Sunday. It depends as I don't know what I might miss on Friday...

Don't know if it's all set in stone, seems quite fluid from reading the thread. I personally think that as only a few will be there from Friday night there won't be much "learning" 'till Saturday.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Don't know if it's all set in stone, seems quite fluid from reading the thread. I personally think that as only a few will be there from Friday night there won't be much "learning" 'till Saturday.
Is this a one night or two night meet? I'm just thinking about the people who've got work on Monday... Or are the majority just camping on Sat, leaving on Sun?

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

offical time table?!? dont be mistaken this aint no school trip :lmao:

its a pretty laid back affair, folk usually just take it as they find it. Close to 30 folk this time around so we may be a little more organised but relax and enjoy it. If you want to learn a particular skill I've no doubt there will be someone able to give you some pointers.

A bushcrafter is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Last edited:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
[h=1]offical time table?!? dont be mistaken this aint no school trip :lmao:

its a pretty laid back affair, folk usually just take it as they find it. Close to 30 folk this time around so we may be a little more organised but relax and enjoy it. If you want to learn a particular skill I've no doubt there will be someone able to give you some pointers.[/h][h=1]A bushcrafter is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.[/h]

"A bushcrafter is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to."

Never has there been a better modification of that quote. Point taken.

Edit: However, I am seriously wondering if it's going to be a two night thing for the majority. I need to know how much food I'm going to take. Not much point in taking provisions for two days if everyone leaves Sunday afternoon or something,

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Is this a one night or two night meet? I'm just thinking about the people who've got work on Monday... Or are the majority just camping on Sat, leaving on Sun?

Some like Chiseller are coming Thursday and staying on due to distance, Bob and I are coming down Friday as he can get a half day and want to camp for two nights as I think he doesn't want to put a tent up for a single night. (We're not bringing the big Tipi's and Bell tent as they're a hassle to dry out for such a short period.) But I think many are only coming for one night, as as you say folk have work on Monday.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Some like Chiseller are coming Thursday and staying on due to distance, Bob and I are coming down Friday as he can get a half day and want to camp for two nights as I think he doesn't want to put a tent up for a single night. (We're not bringing the big Tipi's and Bell tent as they're a hassle to dry out for such a short period.) But I think many are only coming for one night, as as you say folk have work on Monday.
Hm. For some reason I imagined this being a two night meet for the majority. I didn't consider work until now. I'm not sure how much I can get out of my first meet in just one day, so maybe I'll come on Friday and do a two nighter. Or maybe I'll just hang around for a while on Sunday with those who are left and make it a day and a half. We'll see.

Last edited:

greensurfingbear

I'm arriving friday as its a few hours trip from here to there. taking Bell tent as its not been used this year plus weather don't look so great....plus as I'm bringing leather working stuff I'd like some where dry to sit and share if the hut is booked out already.

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Friday morning - late morning - early afternoon - maybe late afternoon or maybe Friday night ! but definitely sometime Friday for me :)

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Hm, yeah, I think I'll do a two nighter. Seems a better option than just a day and a half. I'll be there Friday.

Edit: Will be there Friday early afternoon.

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Orric , if I bring the right leather ? Does tha reckon yer could guide me through the process of knockin together one of these ?

ty7y5ese.jpg

I've just cut up some old Hunters and im hoping there will be enough leather ....
8evu4e3e.jpg

What do yer think ?
Run Silent-Run Deep

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
How do people feel about photographs? I'd like to document the experience with photographs of the campsite and maybe some videos of people practicing Bushcraft in general.

I'm cool with cameras though as a SBS/SAS type I expect no names and my face to be pixalised out. In fact I'll be wearing my special pixalising super duper camo shemagh all through the weekend so it doesn't matter. ;)

Seriously though I'm fine with cameras but it's nice you ask. (And I'll be bringing mine too).

GB.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I'm cool with cameras though as a SBS/SAS type I expect no names and my face to be pixalised out. In fact I'll be wearing my special pixalising super duper camo shemagh all through the weekend so it doesn't matter. ;)

Seriously though I'm fine with cameras but it's nice you ask. (And I'll be bringing mine too).

GB.
Hah. Yeah, I figure it'd be fine. I can always ask whether people would like to be in photographs or if their faces should be excluded.

A group photo would be nice.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hah. Yeah, I figure it'd be fine. I can always ask whether people would like to be in photographs or if their faces should be excluded.

A group photo would be nice.

Must say on a principle thing I don't have Facebook et al as I feel the whole loss of image rights thing is bad. So my friends don't put me on the thing. A group photo would be good, and we get to do nice trip/meet reports.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I'll be arriving probably tea time on Friday and staying until the unexplainable camping sore head disappears on Sunday, probably about mid day.

I'm wishing I was there right now :D It's gonna be awesome to catch up with the usual suspects and also meet new faces.

I'll be bringing Jack down to meet Coln18 ;-)

As for timetable etc, any meet I have been to is usually very laid back but if anyone wants to learn something then all they have to do is ask. I have also seen spontaneous bushcraft activities coming from nowhere and lasting for hours. Stuart is very good at getting people motivated to try and learn new things and is a very knowledgable guy.

I'll be taking all my camera gear (It's been an interesting year) but if anyone has any objection to their mugs appearing on here or my website please let me know and I'll not snap you :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'll be arriving probably tea time on Friday and staying until the unexplainable camping sore head disappears on Sunday, probably about mid day.

I'm wishing I was there right now :D It's gonna be awesome to catch up with the usual suspects and also meet new faces.

I'll be bringing Jack down to meet Coln18 ;-)

As for timetable etc, any meet I have been to is usually very laid back but if anyone wants to learn something then all they have to do is ask. I have also seen spontaneous bushcraft activities coming from nowhere and lasting for hours. Stuart is very good at getting people motivated to try and learn new things and is a very knowledgable guy.

I'll be taking all my camera gear (It's been an interesting year) but if anyone has any objection to their mugs appearing on here or my website please let me know and I'll not snap you :)

I'll have to check with my agent , as being a model for Littlewoods can have some complications some times .

Run Silent-Run Deep

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE