Loch Shiel, 18th 21st April 2011 ( Pic Heavy ).

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
There is a risk I might be going to do a ground dwellers and landlubber's trip around Glen Shiel next week. Might have to follow your example and do a trip report from the point of view of someone walking around Glen Shiel.

Nice report and good photos. I really like it. Me and a mate keep talking about a Scottish canoe tour sometime. He has a huge family type canoe but I'm a whitewater kayaker but think I could get a canoe from somewhere. Got other friends into this canoe lark but it is still on my rather too long list of "must dos". At least I now have a good trip to do first time round. Thanks for that Cumbrian. Don't tell me you're from Whitehaven way? I'm from Kendal way myself so perhaps I'll be doing something on Derwentwater as a trial first. Not the same though, not the same at all.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Don't tell me you're from Whitehaven way? I'm from Kendal way myself so perhaps I'll be doing something on Derwentwater as a trial first. Not the same though, not the same at all.

Not far off Paul, I live in a village between Workington and Cockermouth. Derwentwater has it's charms though; even though I've paddled there scores of times, it's still my favourite lake.

Cheers, Michael.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There is a risk I might be going to do a ground dwellers and landlubber's trip around Glen Shiel next week. Might have to follow your example and do a trip report from the point of view of someone walking around Glen Shiel.

Loch Shiel is a bit lower down than Glen Shiel mate but please do a trip report as I hope to make it up there for a backpacking trip in autumn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE