Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Just back from a great couple of days on Loch Lomond with Shewie, Grooveski, Gaillaine and Cyclinggrelf who'd ventured North for a visit.

Met Shewie at the put-in about lunchtime Friday and we set off to pick a camp spot.

Weather was wet but fine for paddling
P1010768.jpg

We ended up on Inchconnachan and set up camp to watch the rain and wait for the others
P1010771.jpg

Grooveski arrived around dinner time followed not long after by Gaillaine and Cyclinggrelf and we all settled down by the fire. It got pretty wet and windy.

Saturday the weather was great. Some pics of our beds
P1010789.jpg

P1010778.jpg

P1010777.jpg

and the communal bit
P1010779.jpg

Give a boy a pair of wellies and a muddy puddle....... :lmao:
P1010790.jpg

there was a lot of thought going into this
P1010792.jpg

and a lot of splashing :D
P1010793.jpg

Shewie and I went for a paddle over to Bucinch on Saturday and had a wander about. Loads of deer tracks around.
P1010797.jpg

P1010806.jpg

Looking back over to the camp, you can just see Grooveski's sail in the distance
P1010798.jpg

Beautiful moonrise on Saturday night
P1010812.jpg

A special visitor we had on Sunday morning
Stag2.jpg

Stag3.jpg

Thanks for a brilliant couple of days guys and here's to the next one :)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
That looks to have been a good trip Stuart,the weather looks better than i thought it would be.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pics Stuart,looks like you all had a great time .Thats a cracking picture of the white deer,i have seen one a few times down here in the Forest of Dean but never photographed one. Cheers and thanks for sharing.
Daz

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Had a great weekend again folks, usual mix of Scottish weather but couldn't have wished for a better location.

I'll sort my piccies out tomorrow hopefully

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good to see you home safe Rich, great seeing you again :)

Only just though mate

Stopped for a ciggie break at Penrith, got out the car and did the usual shaking of the roof bars to make sure they were still solid and the back one came away in my hand :yikes:
Not sure how long it had been like that but I was lucky not to lose the boat and cause total mayhem on the M6. Luckily I had my tools in the boot so had to empty all my gear onto the road and managed to get it fixed again. I was paranoid all the way home then so only did 60mph all the way. Missed tea & got a roasting off the wife for missing the in-laws visit :nono:

Still got my boat though ;)

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Only just though mate

Stopped for a ciggie break at Penrith, got out the car and did the usual shaking of the roof bars to make sure they were still solid and the back one away in my hand :yikes:
Not sure how long it had been like that but I was lucky not to lose the boat and cause total mayhem on the M6. Luckily I had my tools in the boot so had to empty all my gear onto the road and managed to get it fixed again. I was paranoid all the way home then so only did 60mph all the way. Missed tea & got a roasting off the wife for missing the in-laws visit :nono:

Still got my boat though ;)

Blimey, that was lucky. And the rack too. I hate being in time for a visit with my In-Laws.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
That was lucky mate, everything looked secure when I was driving behind you. It was just Josh's brake lights I noticed.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Cracking photos fella, spotted the stag before but never managed to get anything more than a white dot on a pic! Spotted a bunch of deer swimming to bucinch last weekend as well as quite a few deer 'beds' on there. I wonder if they swim over to kip to avoid the tourists on the other islands...?

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Nice looking trip chaps, the white stag is beautiful.

What happened with roof box Rich do think it was vibration making it come loose?

Very lucky you noticed it. Looking forward to getting back out and about soon so let me know when your next trips going on and I can see what I can wangle.

What were you poking at with your little stick?

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What happened with roof box Rich do think it was vibration making it come loose?

Not too sure mate, the windows on my hairdresser car taper in towards the back end so I think it somehow slid backwards and lost the grip on the window frame.

I'll be heading north every month so I'll give you a shout when we get something sorted for November :)

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Not good though do not think I would like to see my noo bouncing down the motorway. I never even mentioned hairdressers car around here they are mainly used by beauticians...lol.

Still at least it looks more butch with a canoe on the roof.!!! lol

Yeh let me know when you plan to go and I will see what I can do.

Mind you I am hobbling round like a 90 year old at the minute after helping a neighbour move a load of pavers I tried to lift 2 at once and felt something go so I am eating ibuprofen like smarties at the minute.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE