Loch Achray Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Oh yeah, that place is definetly out of bounds until september.
Katys boss thought she had smallpox after last summers meet ;)

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I was up a few weeks ago and it was hell. It was a sunny weekend without much wind. I have never seen them as bad and I had no head net with me. They must have got in my hammock with me as my arms were covered in bites, as well I my knee (sticking out my bag, lol)

The wrost was in the morning trying to get a fire going, I had to take a few tries as anytime I stood still there were in my mouth and my eyes.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Was there canoeing last month, midges were bad, but luckily the heavy rain showers gave some relief. Out on the Loch was ok. River a bit higher than remembered and easier to canoe along...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If the Weather Gods are kind then it ought to be lovely; if they aren't it'll be cold and damp 'cos the campsite is low lying, right next to the loch.

cheers,
Toddy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Yeah, that sounds more like the Achray we know...

also, i bought a headnet in callander on the way up, if i hadn't there probably would have been millions of midges.

the weather, despite it all, was fine last weekend. achray seems to be cunningly sheltered by the three bens...

I was at Chon (near Achray) a week ago and the midgies were pretty bad but hey we managed ok with some grass to make smoke to keep them away while we slept in our hammocks, no worries at all and it rained off n on too. This is Scotland and it keeps the tourists away for us to enjoy it in peace! :lmao:

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
lochachray-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last year on a midge free day

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
If there is interest for a Sept or October meet perhaps we could fix up a date with the FC to use the site? From previous threads it is often futile to ask 'when is everybody available' as there is never a weekend that everybody can make. Better just to fix a date.

A lot would depend on the site being available as sometimes the FC close the forest drive in the off season for felling. I wonder if MK has any info on site availability?

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
If there is interest for a Sept or October meet perhaps we could fix up a date with the FC to use the site? From previous threads it is often futile to ask 'when is everybody available' as there is never a weekend that everybody can make. Better just to fix a date.

A lot would depend on the site being available as sometimes the FC close the forest drive in the off season for felling. I wonder if MK has any info on site availability?

As i missed the last couple of meets my boss has told me i can definitely get the next one off so the dates ain't a problem for me :) so roll on whenever:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE