Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was aiming to be there on Thursday, but now, on Friday I have to get HWMBLT to hospital for a minor op, and a friend is emigrating to Canada the next week and his going away ceilidh is the Friday night in Hamilton....Fiona might want to come to that one too. Varibo's still in school so I'll pick her up early on the Saturday morning.
I still want to play with my tepee, I meant to cut out and make a new groundsheet before we go, too.
Cheers,
Toddy

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
it's funny you should mention that, i've got a reel of tripwire kicking around somewhere.

anyway, they could be day-glo with flashing lights on them. people would still walk into them. it's a law of nature ;)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
So I guess the subtle request to leave a path between the beach and the fire that didn't involve garrotting has fallen on deaf ears then? :rolleyes:
There'll be even more boats this time therefore even more people trying to get to the beach.

How about pegging the tarp sides down during the day and lifting it again when you crash out?
[Alternatively, go for the dayglo flashing cord and we'll try out this "na-na-na-can't-hear-you" theory.]

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
Hi all
Mike B and I are spending a few days at Loch Lomond before the meet, and hope to arrive at achray on thursday morning.
Being new to this bushcraft lark are all the trees numberd or will there be reserved signs everywhere :D
Would not want to upset the regulars.
Coming here from SOTP i will be one of the ones tripping over your tarp lines in an attempt to get onto the water :eek:
Look forward to meeting you all and learning some new skills

Wayland

Hárbarðr
While he is sleeping would be much more fun....
icon_smile_devil3.gif

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
David B said:
Hi all
Mike B and I are spending a few days at Loch Lomond before the meet, and hope to arrive at achray on thursday morning.
Being new to this bushcraft lark are all the trees numberd or will there be reserved signs everywhere :D
Would not want to upset the regulars.
Coming here from SOTP i will be one of the ones tripping over your tarp lines in an attempt to get onto the water :eek:
Look forward to meeting you all and learning some new skills

Joking aside David, I'll be there Thursday morning and I'll keep you right about who's spot is who's.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE