Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Don't see why you shouldn't be welcome :D
Maybe check with Magikelly if you're bringing a tent though, the room for them can be a bit neat.

atb,
Toddy

********I have devious plan :D , can I get some idea of the numbers and ages of children coming along, please?************

Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've been working out children's crafts/ activities/ hands on stuff.
How does this sound?

*Simple basketry, tension trays and grass/rush coil baskets.
*Cordages and hands on natural fibres, everything from bark to silk worms :D
*Music workshop....make our own instruments from natural materials. Clabby doos fastened with resin pitch and charcoal glue, woodland xylophone type things.
*Finger weaving for bracelets, keyfobs, straps....leather and rushes, nettles, etc.
*Mapping, make our own; the campsite, the plants, relate to a grid.
*Ojos, dreamcatchers, from what's around us.
*Know the Code, (if the stuff from SNH arrives in time, if not see what I can acquire)

There are lots of things I haven't included, cooking, leather work/ sewing/felting, firecraft, foraging, or basic campcraft or edged tools, this time round, and I'm not looking for anything heavy for either the children or the adults working with them; we all want a chilled out weekend.
I'm aiming for flexibility in ages, numbers and what's available.
If anyone else is up for organising things too, please go ahead.

Cheers,
Toddy

Wayland

Hárbarðr
MagiKelly said:
Yes but no Vikings :D

Awwww.....
puppy_dog_eyes.gif

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
Ratbag said:
Hi there

Is there room for one more, pretty please? I've been meaning to come on one of these things for a while, and I've got a weekend off.....

Fingers crossed

Rat

Hi i was thinking of popping up to the meet for a day over the weekend. Whats the possibility of bringing a tent and staying a night if i get permission from the wife?

Cheers
Halfdevil

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
MagiKelly said:
No problem Ratbag we should even have tent space if needed.

Toddy my girls are 6 and 8 but unlikely to be there.

Fantastic.

Provided I can find it I'll see you on the Friday night. I'll be the one wearing the blue car with the shiny wheels...

If anyone wants a lift up from Yorkshire (or anywhere on my route), I'll be leaving after work on Friday, coming back for 6ish on Sunday evening. Let me know.

Rat

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ratbag said:
Fantastic.
Provided I can find it I'll see you on the Friday night. I'll be the one wearing the blue car with the shiny wheels........
Rat

Hah! Not by the time you've driven along that Loch road you won't :rolleyes: Just go slow once you're in the park otherwise the dust cloud (or mud if it's wet) will cover you :yikes: It's a basic *forestry commission* type road.

Sounds like it's going to become a really good meet up, I'm looking forward to it, meeting friends and new faces too.

Cheers,
Toddy

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Hi Toddy,

My 5yr old says everything you've suggested sounds great. The 7yr old wants to light fires, go foraging and maybe do some archery if any one has a small enough bow :rolleyes: .

I'll try to dig some stuff out for activities too. See you all there.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'm probably heading North Tuesday night to do some photography in near Loch Etive so I will be incommunicado from then till arrival.

Don't forget to bring some 2L milk bottles and candles for the Craig lamps, they are seriously useful in the dark and much less dazzling than tillies etc.

Bottlelamp.jpg

I'll bring some cauldrons and hardware for group cooking. Can anybody think of anything else we need that I might have?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
silvergirl said:
Hi Toddy,

My 5yr old says everything you've suggested sounds great. The 7yr old wants to light fires, go foraging and maybe do some archery if any one has a small enough bow :rolleyes: .

I'll try to dig some stuff out for activities too. See you all there.

No worries :) we regularly work with children from 3 to 16.
If your 7 year old wants to light fires then the onus is on you to see that it's safely done :cool:

Cheers,
Toddy

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Toddy said:
Hah! Not by the time you've driven along that Loch road you won't :rolleyes: Just go slow once you're in the park otherwise the dust cloud (or mud if it's wet) will cover you :yikes: It's a basic *forestry commission* type road.

Sounds like it's going to become a really good meet up, I'm looking forward to it, meeting friends and new faces too.

Cheers,
Toddy

No worries - its a company car ;)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'll be bringing Cameron this time too. He's still at school that week (tattie picking week down here starts the week after the meet) but his mum says he can miss the last two days of school because what we're doing is 'educational'.

We'll be setting off from Durham at 4.00am on thursday morning so should be up at the site by breakfast time. It'll basically give me an extra day. We'll be leaving sunday lunchtime.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE