Load Carrying kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
hey forestwalker i always hear great things about Mors k. and his bushcraft skills also ideas on kit....on this side of the pond ,for me at least his books and booklets etc. are hard to come by...i would truly enjoy reading his ideas on bushcraft here in Arizona...

They can be ordered from e.g. http://www.grannysstore.com/Wilderness_Survival/Mors_Kochanski_Bushcraft.htm or http://www.karamat.com/books/pocket.html.

by the way the Swedish folks also make some top notch items of outdoor kit and the idea of putting survival items in a cooking vessel is starting to catch on here in the states.

It is really an improvement of the old notion of cooking in a pocket size tin (which is doable but silly). By going up to a 0.7-1 litre cooking pot one gets two things: a pot that is actually usefull as a pot, as well as the space for a bit more kit.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Go on then.
I'd really like to see the sets.
I'm sure remember a review of several of those sets in one of the old swat manuals.:cool: :rolleyes: :D

I really want to see the kit you keep in each pouch as well tho':cool:

Seeing as this thread is already going strong I'll post the photo's on a separate new thread,
I'll have to upload the photo's first but I'll try to do it today. ;)

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Thanks Tor! (I have a feeling that this issue hijacked the original thread:eek: ).

I have the thermo king size, bigger & heavier indeed... Will try it as a sleeping bag and report.

11b inf

Jan 8, 2008
phx. az
thanks much for the link forestwalker i'll see what granny has and get myself some Mors k. books then i'll really look forward to setting by a fire and enjoying myself with a good read....guys this is a pretty good info type thread and i'll try to add my pic's as i get my act together, until then RAPPLEBY2000 you got the ball lets see your pics....vince g. 11b inf.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE