Llangollen group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Just to get it back up top

For those who are coming do you:

Know where you are going?
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)?
Have my mobile number?
Got your travel sorted?
Require vehicle transport onto the site or will you be walking in. (If you haven't got too much kit then I can carry some of it for you).
What's the news on the parachute?

I'm going to the wood on Thursday and I'm away for the afternoon on Wednesday so whatever needs sorting needs to be done today and tomorrow.

Kit that's there:
kettles
pans of varying sizes
oddments of cutlery
some mugs
food:
tomato ketchup
some tins of beans and toms
oddments of rice and pasta
a couple of tea bags
no coffee
some sugar but not much
no powdered milk

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Know where you are going? YES
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)? SAT AFT
Have my mobile number? YES - assuming you haven't changed it since last time we spoke
Got your travel sorted? YES
Require vehicle transport onto the site or will you be walking in. (If you haven't got too much kit then I can carry some of it for you). I'M FINE
What's the news on the parachute? NO NEWS AKAIK

soggy boots

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2007
Manchester
Hi Lightfoot
Know where you are going? YES.
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)? Friday Afternoon;
Have my mobile number? YES.
Got your travel sorted? YES.
Require vehicle transport onto the site? I'll see when I've packed it. But I'm planning to walk in!
Thanks Matt for this cut & paste format.:D
John

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Know where you are going? Yes
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)? friday not sure hopfully about 19:30 - 20:00
Have my mobile number? yes
Got your travel sorted? yes
Require vehicle transport onto the site or will you be walking in. being dropped off then walk from the car park. dont think landy will have MOT by then :(
What's the news on the parachute? Still looking the average price seems to be about £70 not sure I have time to get one for this weekend

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Know where you are going? Yes
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)? friday between 6:15, 6:45.
Have my mobile number? yes
Got your travel sorted? yes
Require vehicle transport onto the site or will you be walking in? Depends on were we can park? Any chance of one of the three spaces? if not, where in the village can we park without being a pain to the locals (and if so then YES, we could do with a lift to the site).

Cheers.
Stu.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Hi Lightfoot
Know where you are going? YES.
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)? Friday Afternoon;
Have my mobile number? YES.
Got your travel sorted? YES.
Require vehicle transport onto the site? I'll see when I've packed it. But I'm planning to walk in!
Thanks Matt for this cut & paste format.:D
John

Yeh, thanks Matt. :twak:

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Require vehicle transport onto the site or will you be walking in? Depends on were we can park? Any chance of one of the three spaces? if not, where in the village can we park without being a pain to the locals (and if so then YES, we could do with a lift to the site).

Cheers.
Stu.

As it appears at the moment you can have one of those spaces. First come first serve. As for transport in, elevenses' 4 wheel drive is off the road (where they belong IMO!) and Matt is far too busy doing something really important no doubt to show up till Saturday which leaves Dave the Wood's vehicle. I kind of borrowed it without permission last time which turned out to be okay cos elevenses bought 5 litres of diesel for it - then broke the key to the petrol cap but that's another story. So, in brief, I think we might be able to use the Toyota if those needing it are wiling to pay for 5 litres of diesel (except elevenses because he paid for everyone last time). Let me know because if you are okay with that I will use my petrol can and fill up when I go on Thursday unless you have a petrol can which you can bring with you. Cheers, David

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
As it appears at the moment you can have one of those spaces. First come first serve. As for transport in, elevenses' 4 wheel drive is off the road (where they belong IMO!) and Matt is far too busy doing something really important no doubt to show up till Saturday which leaves Dave the Wood's vehicle. I kind of borrowed it without permission last time which turned out to be okay cos elevenses bought 5 litres of diesel for it - then broke the key to the petrol cap but that's another story. So, in brief, I think we might be able to use the Toyota if those needing it are wiling to pay for 5 litres of diesel (except elevenses because he paid for everyone last time). Let me know because if you are okay with that I will use my petrol can and fill up when I go on Thursday unless you have a petrol can which you can bring with you. Cheers, David

Fill it up with your can if poss.
How much is 5 litres of diesel??
I dont mind paying. I had no Idea Martin payed last time or I would have chipped in there and then.
I dont "intend" on bringing as much stuff this time, but then again, ive not packed yet!!

Stu.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Know where you are going? - I've got the email so yes.
Know when you will be arriving (roughly)? Mid Friday morning
Have my mobile number? Yes
Got your travel sorted? Yes - bagsie one of the parking spaces!
Require vehicle transport onto the site or will you be walking in. (If you haven't got too much kit then I can carry some of it for you). Planning to have a nice wander in but I'll give you a call if this plan changes.
What's the news on the parachute? - Pass.

Kit that's there:
kettles - won't bring the big Kelly then.
pans of varying sizes - bringing my own as well.
oddments of cutlery - bringing my own as well.
some mugs - bringing my own as well.
food:
tomato ketchup
some tins of beans and toms
oddments of rice and pasta
a couple of tea bags
no coffee
some sugar but not much - I'll bring some.
no powdered milk - I'll bring some.

ATB

Chris

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Yup, weather is looking good. Still reckon we head for North camp and make use of the parachute.

Parking -
Chris, if you plan a nice stroll in then the best place to park is in the village. If you decide to do that give me a call when you're setting off and I can meet you. Alternatively there will be one space at the farm though if we can keep that for someone who needs kit ferrying in that would be best.

Stu, There is a space for you at the farm. At the moment it doesn't look as if anyone else will be using the Toyota. Even Dave the Wood is limiting his use of it and walking in when he can - which is a first! So he's obviously having to really cut back on fuel costs. If you're hard up perhaps you could manage 3 litres. That would be a reasonable contribution and only cost you about £4 (£2 for each meet). Not bad for a personal cross country taxi service as we enter Peak Oil and the end of the world as we know it! Dave the Wood would appreciate it too.

Food -
Shall we do every man and woman for themselves on Friday night or are there requests for a pan of stew, soup, corned beef hash or the like? I won't make one unless requested as last time hardly anybody wanted the chicken soup so I had to eat a litre of it for breakfast! Shame you can't run 4 wheel drives on it.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
David,

Can you please advise on my best course of action on Saturday as in ferrying gear and parking?

As regards food I'll be bring a large pan-o-tatty-hash and a bottle of something with me for Saturday supper.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Yup, weather is looking good. Still reckon we head for North camp and make use of the parachute.

Parking -
Chris, if you plan a nice stroll in then the best place to park is in the village. If you decide to do that give me a call when you're setting off and I can meet you. Alternatively there will be one space at the farm though if we can keep that for someone who needs kit ferrying in that would be best.

Stu, There is a space for you at the farm. At the moment it doesn't look as if anyone else will be using the Toyota. Even Dave the Wood is limiting his use of it and walking in when he can - which is a first! So he's obviously having to really cut back on fuel costs. If you're hard up perhaps you could manage 3 litres. That would be a reasonable contribution and only cost you about £4 (£2 for each meet). Not bad for a personal cross country taxi service as we enter Peak Oil and the end of the world as we know it! Dave the Wood would appreciate it too.

Food -
Shall we do every man and woman for themselves on Friday night or are there requests for a pan of stew, soup, corned beef hash or the like? I won't make one unless requested as last time hardly anybody wanted the chicken soup so I had to eat a litre of it for breakfast! Shame you can't run 4 wheel drives on it.

I'll give £4 petrol, no probs. Me and Suzanne would'nt mind sampling some of your cooking on friday night after we have set up camp. Dont know what time we will get everything set up though , so the early comers will probably have scoffed the lot by then.
Be warned though, when im not ill I have a hell of an appetite :)

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I'll give £4 petrol, no probs. Me and Suzanne would'nt mind sampling some of your cooking on friday night after we have set up camp. Dont know what time we will get everything set up though , so the early comers will probably have scoffed the lot by then.
Be warned though, when im not ill I have a hell of an appetite :)

Corned beef hash for 4 it is. Do I hear anymore takers?

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Guys and Gals I am not going to have access to the forum after today as im working away until Friday night so if anything changes or I need to bring something please call me. if you don't have my number please post here for someone to call me.

Friday night sorry guys I will give the corned beef a miss and stick with some sausages or something

Im going to bring some veg to cook on the fire for sat with the array of game.

I will be bringing some extra food for both Friday and sat so if anyone ones to join me their welcome

As SWMBO is coming down on the sat, if there is a space left for her to park cool, if not no worries she will not be coming until about 18:30 - 19:00 due to work :(

Cheers all

M

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Anyone coming to llangollen got some spare flint they can bring I would be greatfull. Also, If possible, can someone show me what the "good for sparks" Iron Pyrite looks like.

I have Iron pyrite that looks like a flakey block of gold but I just cant get a proper spark from it.

I realy want to concentrate on fire methods this trip so If there is anyone who is up to giving me a tutorial (bow/hand drill, Flint and steel), that would be cool.

I did a tasty apple and honey leather today that I will bring to share with anyone who wants a try.

Stu.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE