Living on an iceberg, mad or what?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Let's hope he doesn't stay barefoot like he is in the main picture! Interesting and it does seem to have attracted attention. He's quite the athlete so hopefully he'll last the distance - unless it melts out under him! I know icebergs can roll as they melt so hopefully he'll keep a weather eye out.
Cheers for posting.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Strikes me as a narcissist using the cause as an opportunity for a self aggrandising adventure

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
He describes himself as a motivational speaker; anybody who so describes themselves thus or allows themselves to be so described arouses instant mis-trust in me, I'm afraid.................

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
a professional adventurer and motivational speaker
so there's a few quid to be made out of it for him when it comes to an end...

I'd imagine most icebergs in Greenland will eventually melt as they travel south with the ocean currents. Nothing revolutionary in that assumption surely? As for the "survival capsule, the Kevlar-reinforced kind used for ocean oil rigs", old technology that, he should get a decent ex rig/ship enclosed lifeboat and get himself out of trouble if the XXXX hits the fan.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
when I first saw the heading i thought you meant the lettuce, hmmm i thought that should be interesting and he's defo gonna lose weight, now seeing the article i kind of echo Reds comments.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
yup me too.

Unless hes doing some real proper valid research its silly, egoistic and pointless.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Now that would be a good plan.

Any one got ten thousand tons of waste paper and a big freezer?

(But back to our intrepid unadventurer; are we allowed to laugh when (not if) it rolls? or would that be unfair?)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think that we have to concentrate on the scientific things to be gleaned! I mean before he's even set out we can see that most think he's a narcissist and that many of us have to deal with schadenreude issues ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE