Living in a canoe!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good guy

I dislike how the interfering do-gooders feel it necessary to put their sticky beaks into his life.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
mmm

Agree there. I am coming around to the thought that for every law passed, two should be repealed. We just need less government - not more

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
BBC The Strange Case Of The Law is really interesting in the last programme he talks about the current situation, we have more laws than ever before but have of them are not legal :D Apprently the last lot were so busy getting laws past and gaining them by signing stuff, they forgot to make sure they would stand up in court.

We have completely different laws here in regard to waterways, than the US. A lot of it was discovered on water and the main mode of transport was by water so think they have a few rules that make it easier for people to do this sort of thing.

That said he is sleeping in the canoe as well, not sure how he resupplies etc but he spends most of his time on the boat. 14' canoe, now that minamlist living! Guessing it a plastic one because he uses duck tape to patch it. He going to stay in Boston harbor for the winter, wonder how he keeps warm because they get some good winters.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
mmm

Agree there. I am coming around to the thought that for every law passed, two should be repealed. We just need less government - not more

This is the essence. In a past life I tried to get managers to start by asking their staff "what should we get rid of?" 'What should we keep?" before they think of introducing something new.

Sadly many feel that by doing something they show they are in charge, action oriented etc.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
That said he is sleeping in the canoe as well, not sure how he resupplies etc but he spends most of his time on the boat. 14' canoe, now that minamlist living! Guessing it a plastic one because he uses duck tape to patch it. He going to stay in Boston harbor for the winter, wonder how he keeps warm because they get some good winters.

I guess you didn't read the article.

He isn't sleeping in the canoe, that's just his transport. He sleeps on pontoons, dock or islands, in a tent.

He's not really causing a problem, but if I were coming in to tie up at night, to a pontoon I'd paid for, I'd be a bit narked off to find a stranger in a tent, in the way. Or find myself unable to tie in quickly and safely because there was an aluminium canoe in the way.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I guess you didn't read the article.

He isn't sleeping in the canoe, that's just his transport. He sleeps on pontoons, dock or islands, in a tent.

He's not really causing a problem, but if I were coming in to tie up at night, to a pontoon I'd paid for, I'd be a bit narked off to find a stranger in a tent, in the way. Or find myself unable to tie in quickly and safely because there was an aluminium canoe in the way.

If you tied up at pontoons regularly you would find all sorts of tenders and other craft in the way.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It might eed to be clarified that over here, pontoons are a type of boat themselves (actually a raft or party boat) Usually one doesn't "tie up to a pontoon" but rather ties their pontoon up to a pier.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE