list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes the starlings have arrived, the good thing is from the computer i have the best view of the birds in the house so i can sit on the computer and watch the birds. i just saw a hovering bird of prey in the nearby fields, sparrow hawk ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i posted that pic on wild about britain and they said it was a ringed starling, whats one of these ?
leon

Long Stride

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2006
Dundee
Hi Leon,

The Starling in your picture has a ring on one of its legs.

Probably put there by a researcher for identification and tracking.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
Long Stride said:
Hi Leon,

The Starling in your picture has a ring on one of its legs.

Probably put there by a researcher for identification and tracking.

or its just got engaged to be married ? :lmao: :lmao:
I’l get me coat!! :eek:
Chris

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
I went to the woods yesterday and got some pics of some strange fungi, one was growing on a live birch tree and the other was growing on a fallen birsh tree, i will post pics later today. also got a good pic of some birch trees
leon

Maybe not very spectecular, but I was really happy when I made my first cup of tea in a birchbark kettle...no more heavy pots (or ugly metal pans). The trick is to cook on the coals of the fire, and I should have used a lid. Great stuff, birchbark!!
If anyone is interested enough to explain to me how I can add pictures I can add one, I tried but it didn't work...
Diederik

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Very interested in seing that.

You first need somewhere to upload it to. I know you have a site, so if you upload it there and use the insert image function on top of the write/edit message box and paste the adress into there it should appear. :)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
what are these ?
first one was growing on a living birch tree
was about 15cm across
fungus.jpg

fungus2.jpg

the second one was growing on a fallen birch
somefungi2.jpg

somefungi.jpg

leon

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Yep pretty sure that's Birch Polypore (Razorstrop fungus) it can be used to strop your knives or be made into plasters.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
there were some that looked like old ones of them, that were bight green lol, any ideas what the other one is ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im making a woodlore style full tang knife, the blade and beech handle slabs were given to me by chrisanson thanks mate :You_Rock_
knifemakingstage1.jpg

it is riveted, glued and drying in the vice at the moment
leon

D

Deleted member 4605

Leon,

Your energy, drive and determination are a credit to you. If only more people your age had your level headedness. Your passion for our hobby must make many others (myself included) feel lazy by comparision. :)

If Tony is paying attention, surely Leon deserves an award for the longest thread!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE