Limited Canned Goods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Except for 25 lbs macaroni, 25 lbs spaghetti and what wild game as we got (moose, grouse, lots of fish,) I have lived out of cans, off the grid, for 4 months. I need at least a dozen herbs and spices, salt and pepper are essentials.

Believe the adage: "Variety is the spice of life."

There has got to be variety, even novelty, to encourage the appetite. What I remember most after so many decades is the canned fruit, the plums in particular, for some reason.

I eat fresh fruit, lots of it, as I can afford to. But every once in a while, a tin of pears, sweet corn or black pitted olives are the only kinds of things that hit the spot.

Reactions: Tsantsa and Toddy

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
In all seriousness - If one has the space or lives in a slightly rural location then why NOT do this ?
We been keeping a decent stock of food in for years, partly so we don't always need to go shopping and party to stock up when stuff is on offer. However although we use plenty of cans they're all different sizes. We also find something like tomato puree in a tube is better value than toms in tins.

Along with keeping a good stock of veg growing we also use the freezer for some basics like diced onion.

Reactions: Toddy

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Re-reading the post title, I can make a list, boring as can be.
Baked Beans
Crab meat
Corned Beef
Fruit of some kind
Crushed tomatoes
Mixed vegetables (peas/corn/carrot/g.beans)
Salt, a dozen herbs & spices
Wheat flour, sugar, pasta and rice.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I don't know if it really answers the question, but for us the tinned foods we use most of are pineapple, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, red kidney beans and (in lower quantities) baked beans & chickpeas.

BumblingAlong

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2021
Winchester
Don't have a pantry so to consume now and future preps.
Tuna in sunflower oil
Corned Beef
Spam
Stag Chilli Con Carne..Steve Wallis
Baked beans with sausages

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE