Limited Canned Goods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Olive oil keeps well if kept cold and sealed. So does British grown and made Rapeseed.
Ghee keeps for years in cans, so does Nido which is the full fat dried milk, but tins of condensed or evaporated milk last very well too.
I'd add honey to the list.

Ghee - any recommendations for good sources , I don't really use it much day to day

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Any supermarket carries it in the Indian foods section. It comes in really neat tin. East End or KTC are common brands.....about £6 for a 500g tin which does a lot of cooking.
Kg tins are around £11 but really unless you're using it often that tin's a bit large for a small family.
1717936248026.png

Coconut oil (again KTC) is also fairly cheap, and though said not to last, personal experience says that stuff four years out of date (looong story) but kept cold and dark, was just fine :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeDee

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I am imagining the myriad of 2 dimensional flat pasta based dishes currently.

It I appreciates maximises calories from pasta as its a rigid shape with air gaps -but plenty of other carb sources out there. Is pasta as stable ( before it degrades ) as say Rice? Bulgur wheat?
You can cook lasagne al dente then cut it into tagliatelle or papardelle. Imagine the possibilities then!

Sent from underground

Reactions: Broch

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Just discovered heinze 5 beans in tomato sauce. Much better than plain baked beans. Co op has a special offer 2 cans for £2 , not as cheap as own brand beans, but cheaper than heinz plain beans. Plenty of beans in the can and not watery like some brands.
I've just stocked up on 4 cans for the cupboard. Would be a good base for a nutritional bean stew, which is how I plan to use them.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Just discovered heinze 5 beans in tomato sauce. Much better than plain baked beans. Co op has a special offer 2 cans for £2 , not as cheap as own brand beans, but cheaper than heinz plain beans. Plenty of beans in the can and not watery like some brands.
I've just stocked up on 4 cans for the cupboard. Would be a good base for a nutritional bean stew, which is how I plan to use them.
5 Beanz are good, particularly if you chuck a teaspoon or so of curry powder in when you cook them. If you like that sort of thing

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
5 Beanz sounds a lot better than 1 bean - unless we are talking literally 1 bean in a tin.. In which case. No.

But I shall check them out and see what I think - thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE