Lightweight backpacking tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AdMan

Mar 19, 2013
Halifax
Hi, i need a new 2 man tent, it needs to be below 200 pound preferably below 150 but reseonably lightweight (i know i wont get very lightweight for that price) but something like the vango banshee or tempest would do nicely just looking for some suggestions though :)

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I don't know if anyone can tell you anymore about the coleman falcon 2. I've had my eye on one for a while, ever since I bought one I couldn't sit up in. not being able to sit up in it makes it about as much use as a bivvy, if only slightly better. There are lots of second hand bargains to be had of the lazer and zephyr type tent going around.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Second that - you likely won't find a tent as roomy / reasonably light for the price

they have also recently released a lightweight version intended to come in [price wise] between the zeph and the laser - they are reasonably prices at the mo.

Max

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I've the Zephyros 2 also. It's tight for 2 but a decent size for 1 plus dog. :) Keep an eye out at Sports Direct they regularly have offers on with them. Mine was £75 delivered.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Got one of those too! It's my most widely used tent. Very versatile as the inner is installed separately from within, but because it is not "tied" to the flysheet, you can look at the weather forecast and decide whether or not to take the inner and save 0.5kg. Use a walking pole and it literally packs down to the size of a 750ml nalgene.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
I umm'd and arr'd about that tent, but despite some correspondence between the maker and I my fears regarding the eyelets tearing as highlighted by many reviews on the internet, were not allayed. The maker said there would be no problem with replacement under warranty in the event of the fabric tearing but the US is a long way away.

sweetpea

Apr 25, 2013
Bolton UK
I have a Vango Banshee 200 which cost me less than £80... excellent bit of kit... just under 2kg in weight and decent compact size.

This is the third Vango tent i have used recently... very pleased with the quality.

SP ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE