Lightning footage and stills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
As I'm sure many of you did over the last weekend we had some impressive storms following the hot weather. I always like to try and get some good lightning pics on these occasions but not being much of a photographer my kit is limited to a good quality compact camera and a Sony HD video camera. Not ever going to get me close to the quality of the other stuff on here, let alone produce a Colin Prior or a Mark Bailey.
To make matters worse the only thing I had at hand was my mobile phone (sacrilegious I know!) nonetheless I managed to get my best lightning capture ever, if not in terms of pixel quality at least in terms of the fork itself. here's the video on't tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BY5QHbhYkU

I also managed to grab some stills from the vid, which I was also surprisingly pleased with!

Not exactly fine photography I know, but worth sharing I thought!

Jim

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hard work trying to grab them isnt it. Some cool ones there.
Only managed to get one my self and it was through a window so surprised my phone got a half decent photo.

2014-05-22%2012.35.12_zpsvxpjmxfo.png

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
not bad that Dwardo, bit odd to see it going so sideways!!

Very satisfying to get one on 'film' though isn't it :)

Jim

It is, just wish I had gone out when it started but I only thought on towards the end of the storm. Probably more opportunities to come with the weather as it is.
I screen captured this from a video I took, cheating ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE