Life Changing Books?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
There are certain books which, irrespective of subject, reach inside and touch the reader.

Chickenhawk is such a book.

I'd heard about the book for a number of years, and when I bought it, I read it in one sitting, utterly compelling!

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Has anyone tried 'ReaditSwapit'? Fantastic website where you display a list of your books you are willing to swap, and if you see a book you'd like, you request it, that person then see's if they want anything from your list, and you do a straight swap and only pay the postage on your book! I used it for a couple of years but now have about 30 books on my shelf waiting to be read. That's the only downside but I'm getting through them. I'd recommend the site to anyone.

Magentus

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
It's written by Robert Mason; a Helicopter pilot about his experiences leading up to and during the Vietnam war. It's not gung ho - it's just a very honest account of a difficult job in an insane time in history. It's one of the few books that have affected me long long after reading.

Check out some reviews on Amazon - they've got it for sale in the Amazon marketplace for £2.76 including p&p.

Magentus

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
life changing book

is YES IT IS, its quite a view and is what was said in saving private ryan when the left tenannt and sargent looked back at the beeches this were the saying was taken from.

whats it about well operation D.Day in 1945 from the point of view of a left tennat and his sargent major who were one of the first waves on the beaches on the that fateful day and servived

drew

ps very rare not available on ebay or amazon or play.com i read it because my history teacher had a copy

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
It matters not what books you read, what is reading the book?

To see what reads the book is enlightenment, simple, very life changing and saves you a lot of reading.:)

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Top contender for me, Bible.

Others that come to mind ...

"Jonathon Livingstone Seagull" by " ...?.. Bach"

"John Macnab" By "John Buchan" Particularly like the Doctors diagnosis in the opening pages, And his suggested remedy " Go and steal a horse in a country where they generaly hang horse thieves !" If you read it , even just the first chapter, you'l understand.
A couple of times since I've decided to "Steal a horse..." feel in need of another lately.

and a book by Geofrey T Bull, missionary in Tibet then in solitary confinement for several years under the Chinese. A very brief but powerfull explanation of how he coped emotionaly with some of what was done to him mentaly, then his subsequent fears over wether he would ever be able to 'feel connected to anyone again'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE