Lidl selling folding saw £2.79 from 3/3/16.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Hi folks,

Gardening tools offers on again at Lidl, from tomorrow.

Fill ya boots Folks.

grip

Forager
Nov 30, 2009
here and there
They're not a bad little saw those of course if it hasn't got bacho or silkyboy on some folk aren't interested....................Cheers for the heads up.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
They're not a bad little saw those of course if it hasn't got bacho or silkyboy on some folk aren't interested....................Cheers for the heads up.

Aye i'll be popping in and grabbing a couple, can't go wrong at that price.
They get good reviews from folk on here.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Not bad saws at all, I use one as a rough saw for roots & other dirty jobs that I don't want to use the silky for.

Rob

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Not bad saws at all, I use one as a rough saw for roots & other dirty jobs that I don't want to use the silky for.

Rob

Cheers Rob,

They should be spot on for prepping wood for the camp fire.

MaddogMatt

Oct 9, 2015
Suburban West Birmingham
Funnily enough I just got home, opened tapatalk to post about this very thing! I have one from their previous garden event, they are spot on for the money, if you just need something for small logs they are ideal, but 180mm blade is short for larger applications.

Nice job Big G. ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Am I right in thinking that the blade will lock closed as well as open?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The one's I have(green handle)also have a half lock as well as locking closed & open. They are well worth getting at that price, even more so if you have mates who are heavy on tools or just clumsy or stupid, saves damaging the silky.

Rob

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, great saw for the price, I often use the folding saw I got from a car boot sale years ago, rusty and cheap but does the job, I've got some more expensive ones and they do cut better but as a few have said, for the money these are great, anyone starting out would be advised to go this route for starter kit...

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Just picked one up, first impression it's pretty reasonable for the kind of low impact stuff most of us do.
Rubberised handle, good grip and feels generally solid.
Locks in the closed position and again at an almost closed point to stop accidental finger trapping.
Weighs in at 230g, Blade length 180mm.
Blade comparable (dam near identical) to my 3yo 'Yeoman' saw from Countrywide Farmers and pretty much every folding pruning saw you'll find in any garden centre.

Jan 16, 2016
Just got one too thanks to this thread.Thanks.
Nothing to compare it to but for 3 quid seems like a bargain.
Not sure where replacement blades can be bought but at 3 quid I guess there is no need.
A little worried about the back of the blade butting through my Bergan when stowed so I think it's going to live inside a sock.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Just had a walk to my local lidl and picked two of these folding saws up.
First impressions they seem a decent sturdy saw for the money, decent carbon 180mm blade, nice grippy yellow rubberized handle with lanyard hole, blade locks before fully closes and when open.
Should be spot on for tasks around camp.

Gary.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funnily enough I just got home, opened tapatalk to post about this very thing! I have one from their previous garden event, they are spot on for the money, if you just need something for small logs they are ideal, but 180mm blade is short for larger applications.

Nice job Big G. ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No worries mate, Cheers.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Yeah, great saw for the price, I often use the folding saw I got from a car boot sale years ago, rusty and cheap but does the job, I've got some more expensive ones and they do cut better but as a few have said, for the money these are great, anyone starting out would be advised to go this route for starter kit...

Cheers Tony.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Just picked one up, first impression it's pretty reasonable for the kind of low impact stuff most of us do.
Rubberised handle, good grip and feels generally solid.
Locks in the closed position and again at an almost closed point to stop accidental finger trapping.
Weighs in at 230g, Blade length 180mm.
Blade comparable (dam near identical) to my 3yo 'Yeoman' saw from Countrywide Farmers and pretty much every folding pruning saw you'll find in any garden centre.

Cheers Bishop.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Just got one too thanks to this thread.Thanks.
Nothing to compare it to but for 3 quid seems like a bargain.
Not sure where replacement blades can be bought but at 3 quid I guess there is no need.
A little worried about the back of the blade butting through my Bergan when stowed so I think it's going to live inside a sock.

No worries mate.

ChrisWebb2020

Mar 1, 2016
Kingstanding, Birmingham
Just got home from the weekly shop and snuck one of these in while the missus wasn't looking. I've yet to try it out but I've got some holly I wanted to make into walking and beating sticks so that will probably be the first job.

Ta Big G
Check out the sellers on Amazon.
9.99 for a laplander inc delivery - not bad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...15293&sr=1-1&keywords=Laplander&condition=new
Wow, and I thought the £15.90 on Prime was a good deal. £10 for a laplander seems almost too cheap...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE