Lidl Heads Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
[h=2][/h]
[h=2][/h]
Looks like it could make a decent stove. Might be a bit big though.

I was thinking the same thing. But size is 28cm high by 16 cm dia, so not for the backpack.

But have been thinking about making a emergency kit for the car and this could fit the bill, like the fact that you can move it after its lit.
(not recommeded but handy).

Needs some holes for pot support, maybe a few other mods.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

I was thinking the same thing. But size is 28cm high by 16 cm dia, so not for the backpack.

But have been thinking about making a emergency kit for the car and this could fit the bill, like the fact that you can move it after its lit.
(not recommeded but handy).

Needs some holes for pot support, maybe a few other mods.

Given the winter we had would you prefer getting out of the car in a snow storm and faffing about or just carefully lighting up a little gas stove?

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
You have a point rik, not sure what I would do...:D

But small gas stove would be more than £5 (probably) and gas doesn't last for ever.

This could be packed with fuel and with a well placed fire lighter ready to go,
so minimal faffing to get it started. I reckon. Weather permitting :p

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I've used one of these as a stove and they're good but after a few lightings their blind rivets loosen and the whole thing gets a bit rattly.
I don't know how much more service I'll get out of mine.
Happy trails...torc.

freenarative

Oct 18, 2012
oldham
Maybe this'd be good for modding? I suggest drilling out the top 2 rivets by the handle then making cuts down from the top and folding the tabs inward to create a lip to rest pots on?
I'd give it a go but my mommy won't let me near the power tools again; Not after I cut the cat in half. And by "mommy" I mean girlfriend,,,, and by "cut the cat in half" I mean drilled a hole in the kitchen sideboard.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE