lets see your workshop / shed / garage then!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
real men walk barefoot on a sawdust strewn concrete floor.,...

Do that in my garage and you'll a foot full of glass shards embedded in it :yikes: Its's what you get from makiing stained glass windows, doing woodwork, metal work and other jobs in the one place.

And I'm not showing my place off as it would take me too long to clean up half decent :eek:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I lack a garage up here in Glasgow so I have to make do.

desk.jpg

complete with a few recent projects -the knife in the bottle of oil is due to come out and get a wipe down soon.

what you don't see is the argos axe lying on the floor or my "tool draw" :D:D

Andy

Andy Are you blonde?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Very well spotted Southey. tippex for a computer!! That is a rookie mistake and a messy clean up job too.

I guess everyone is looking for the embarassing items in the photographs then. Suggest self censorship before publishing. :D

oh hang on,...wait amo,......is that an encroachment from a female i see???

tumble dryer??

Welll technically its mine as i stay at home lookafte the kids make knives she goes to work n Earns my pocket money ;)

and its teh only heating in the garage in winter and is good to help the Epoxy go off ;)

when we move i get a double garage and hopfully a lathe / mill etc

even toying with the idea of a Lazer cutter for leather / wood and engraving steel

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
well ths was last year when i finished putting in the machine bench ( wicks kitchen cupboards ;) ) so its very tidy

Workshop.jpg

Workshop3.jpg

Workshop2.jpg

new Dremel Pin cutter
Dsc_4378.jpg

Ruffing out and Heat treat are out side

Blank2.jpg

Blank1.jpg

HT.jpg

When you putting the tool with the blue stip in Picture 3 on Gift-it-on. I want it!
I've got a Burgess band saw just like that as well...where do you get the blades from?

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Very well spotted Southey. tippex for a computer!! That is a rookie mistake and a messy clean up job too.

I guess everyone is looking for the embarassing items in the photographs then. Suggest self censorship before publishing. :D

HA HA HA - that made me laugh that did!!

the tippex is actually for my geology maps (dissertation stuff) - mistakes happen when inking in etc. - you can actually see the mapping folder to the right of my car keys. - the tv is linked up to my computer too so I can have all sorts going on at once! - bet none of you lot have an entertainment system and internet in your workshop :p:p

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
isn't there a law against land lords doing that?

They have a "get out of jail free" clause, they put it all on the property's inventory and if it's not there when you leave it comes out of your deposit.

What he wants with three broken lawn mowers and a strimmer that smokes, is beyond me?!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Welll technically its mine as i stay at home lookafte the kids make knives she goes to work n Earns my pocket money ;)

and its teh only heating in the garage in winter and is good to help the Epoxy go off ;)

when we move i get a double garage and hopfully a lathe / mill etc

even toying with the idea of a Lazer cutter for leather / wood and engraving steel

i thought you were going to say you dried out green wood in it "clang clang bang clang" hahahaha

i have a microwave for that reason,...its black as,...on the inside,..the other day i popped my cold bacon sarni in it,...i,m certain it was,nt smoked bacon when it went in,...

ok, your forgiven the lady tool seeing as tho you gave 3 good reasons for it being there,.. ;-)

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
It's a bit on the big side, I built it myself, (Still am, and the house to go with it) and it did try to kill me once, but I have great plans for it. 3 car garage at the front, workshop behind, and office, den, and store upstairs.

DSC00171.JPG

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
It's a bit on the big side, I built it myself, (Still am, and the house to go with it) and it did try to kill me once, but I have great plans for it. 3 car garage at the front, workshop behind, and office, den, and store upstairs.

DSC00171.JPG

swit swoooooo!!

a W.C and a hammock and i dont think i can see a reason to ever go into the house.

in fact, are you sure you did,nt mix up the pic of the house ??

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
The thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

In fact, there are already bolts in situ for the hammock, and there may, or may not be a drain installed for a cludgy, should the need arise.

The house is here :-

33408_442668231410_524671410_6522890_3637679_n.jpg

Almost all DIY. I have made a habit of not listening to people who say that I won't be able to do something.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
The thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

In fact, there are already bolts in situ for the hammock, and there may, or may not be a drain installed for a cludgy, should the need arise.

The house is here :-

33408_442668231410_524671410_6522890_3637679_n.jpg

Almost all DIY. I have made a habit of not listening to people who say that I won't be able to do something.

mate !! that is very very nice

you have obviously worked very hard and by the looks of it its paid off,..

i must say i dont like to hand money over to tradesmen, but sometimes my bodging just doesnt cut it,....but this must be the best DIY project i ever saw,...

plus its in a cracking part of the world too,...i get up to Aberdeen on business once twice a month, i normally chuck the bivi up on the camp site in Stonehaven.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
It's 6 months or so from being finished I reckon.

Garage was built first. Got to have ones priorities right.

I promptly fell off it, and smashed both wrists. Not a high point of the build, I can tell you.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Here's a couple of pics of my garage sanctuary. A bit of a mess as usual with a dozen wee jobs on the go at once.

P1010721.jpg

P1010722.jpg

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
real men walk barefoot on a sawdust strewn concrete floor.,...

altho i have just seen a gap in the market now for "Shed Slippers" ,..maybe i should give Alan Sugar a call,..

The sawdust is on the kitchen floor when I go into the house and my slipper have brass swarf in them tonight:rolleyes:

I will show some shots of the place tonorrow when I am home.

Cannot get into my shed for mountain bikes and kids toys at the moment so any workshop type stuff gets done in the Kitchen when the wife is not in. Usually no problems unless I get caught half way through my projects. Like the other day when she came home and found 3 bikes in the kitchen in various states of dismantlement with the sink full of bits getting degreased!! Hopefully when our old house sells we will be buildig some sort of extension on this one which will free up some bloke space in my shed!

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
This how my garage did look before I rearranged it at least now I dont bang my head on the chain rings anymore

Workshop 2 by alfred.branch, on Flickr

The carpet is to stop me getting cold when stood/sat at my workbench in winter and its only a couple of square yards but it does the job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE