lets see your workshop / shed / garage then!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
real men walk barefoot on a sawdust strewn concrete floor.,...

altho i have just seen a gap in the market now for "Shed Slippers" ,..maybe i should give Alan Sugar a call,..

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
real men walk barefoot on a sawdust strewn concrete floor.,...

altho i have just seen a gap in the market now for "Shed Slippers" ,..maybe i should give Alan Sugar a call,..

I'd buy a pair...my darling wife gets very irrate when I trail sawdust and chippings across the shagpile...Its even more fun when the dog shakes a "shed" load of chippings across the floor...Oh joy!!!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
lmao,..

what colour do you want mate?

we have the materials in stock to do,..

Tartan,(the ones off the market with a little stag motif) hahah

or,..

Urban Camo (with matching parcord laces)

i feel a Wallace and Gromit moment coming on...

off to my workshop i go!!!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I have my own place 3 bedrooms and on the few occasions I make anything I just do it wherever I think appropriate. Mostly in the kitchen. I won't take a picture of that because I can't post then on here and besides the kitchen needs tidying up too. Sinks full of dishes and emptied cans of pop lying around ready to be made into something stovie and meths burning. Oh and gear too. Not quite workshop type of stuff but I have my gear wherever I want it to be. That usually means the first bit of floor near my front door that is not in the way. My tarp is on the sofa in my dining room and my camp mat is behind the chair in a bedroom. Half my rucksacks are in the dining room and my only real concession to putting htings away properly is my meths goes under the kitchen sink and my sleeping nags/quilts go into large storage bags beside a wardrobe. Also some of my rucksacks have their innards removed so if I want to put the frame back on them I have no idea where they are.

Sorry but I can't join in the workshop thing properly so I went off topic.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
lmao,..

what colour do you want mate?

we have the materials in stock to do,..

Tartan,(the ones off the market with a little stag motif) hahah

or,..

Urban Camo (with matching parcord laces)

i feel a Wallace and Gromit moment coming on...

off to my workshop i go!!!

Can you do big leatherette tabs so I can grab them with my roebuck hide mittens on, cos unlike some I could mention, I dont have carpet in MY shed...Not that I'm bitter or anything....

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I have my own place 3 bedrooms and on the few occasions I make anything I just do it wherever I think appropriate. Mostly in the kitchen. I won't take a picture of that because I can't post then on here and besides the kitchen needs tidying up too. Sinks full of dishes and emptied cans of pop lying around ready to be made into something stovie and meths burning. Oh and gear too. Not quite workshop type of stuff but I have my gear wherever I want it to be. That usually means the first bit of floor near my front door that is not in the way. My tarp is on the sofa in my dining room and my camp mat is behind the chair in a bedroom. Half my rucksacks are in the dining room and my only real concession to putting htings away properly is my meths goes under the kitchen sink and my sleeping nags/quilts go into large storage bags beside a wardrobe. Also some of my rucksacks have their innards removed so if I want to put the frame back on them I have no idea where they are.

Sounds pretty much like a shed to me...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010

Dont apoligise mate,..

A description of your shed is just fine,...

Altho the picture i have now created in my mind is that of Mr Trebus' house.

No offense meant, i,m just that little bit envious that your house IS your shed,....

why is the the tarp on the couch, do you have a leak?

why cant you post pictures? i'd love to see the place now you painted the picture...

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Alas, as much as I'd like to, I can't join this glorious thread...

The place me and the misses rent has a shed, but it's full of the owners crap and we're not allowed to chuck it out :(, otherwise I too would have a manly area to show off.

At the moment I have to cover the dining table in old news-paper and a cutting board before I even think about doing anything :rolleyes:

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Raikey - it was found in the rear footwell of my car so I put it on the couch to dry off completely. That was about a month and a half ago. You sound surprised, don't you dry off your tarps and tents on the couch too? It is an old couch in the dining room which is really just something to dump things on after a tiring trip.

I am about to commence a major tidy up soon (saying that for 5 months now). I have lost some gear and my camera phone cable so I need a big tidy up to find things again. Ain't that the way? You have to make things tidy so you can find them. I've always relied on organised chaos before now but is hasn't worked of late. Thinking of getting a new central heating boiler and radiators put in so I need to make sure all the floor space can be reached. <ashamed smillie>

I do wish I had the money for a work shed and the mindset to use it well. Tools too.

well ths was last year when i finished putting in the machine bench ( wicks kitchen cupboards ;) ) so its very tidy

Workshop.jpg

Workshop3.jpg

Workshop2.jpg

new Dremel Pin cutter
Dsc_4378.jpg

Ruffing out and Heat treat are out side

Blank2.jpg

Blank1.jpg

HT.jpg

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Maybe I'll revisit this thread over Christmas with a few pics of the set up at home. - most of it is all related to my dads business but i have the use of it all :D
big old garage with the forge and stuff, work bench etc. - then the unit with two lathes, cnc milling machine etc etc :p

Alas, as much as I'd like to, I can't join this glorious thread...

The place me and the misses rent has a shed, but it's full of the owners crap and we're not allowed to chuck it out :(, otherwise I too would have a manly area to show off.

At the moment I have to cover the dining table in old news-paper and a cutting board before I even think about doing anything :rolleyes:

isn't there a law against land lords doing that?

Andy

Last edited:

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Cover dining room table with newspapers and a cutting board? Now that is a good idea. Why have I never thought of that.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Oooooh! a proper shed....I like that...Mine will look like that when it grows up...FGYT's that is...

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
well ths was last year when i finished putting in the machine bench ( wicks kitchen cupboards ;) ) so its very tidy

WOW,...

now thats a shed!!

that belt sander is lush!

can i come and play?

oh hang on,...wait amo,......is that an encroachment from a female i see???

tumble dryer??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE