Let sleeping dogs lie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
he6esugy.jpg
jy8emapa.jpg
hasuqu2a.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
My shadow asleep in his favourite place on the sofa next to me!!

DSC_0994_zps4holzzky.jpg

Spends as much time in the house asleep as possible to save energy for terrorising everyone and everything when we're out and about...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Here's my hairball; Oscar. Labrador cross, with a retriever, we think.......

Here he is in the garden in a more dignified pose.

Good thread, but sorta bitter sweet too.

"A Labrador crossed with a retriever we think..." LOL. Isn't that kinda like saying, "A hammer crossed with a carpenters tool" After all, the breed's full name is Labrador Retriever. Great looking dog there!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
"A Labrador crossed with a retriever we think..." LOL. Isn't that kinda like saying, "A hammer crossed with a carpenters tool" After all, the breed's full name is Labrador Retriever. Great looking dog there!

Hmmmm made myself sound like a right numpty there didn't I? :eek: Well my only excuse is that this was my first ever dog and all I knew about them was they were smaller than horses but bigger than cats, poked their wet nose right where they shouldn't, drooled and that they smelled bad and that smell got even worse when they got wet.

Happy to report all these bad habits were very soon forgotten when we got to know and love him. Yes, he was a great looking dog. I admit I get a little choked up seeing these pix of him.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
... that this was my first ever dog and all I knew about them was they were smaller than horses but bigger than cats, poked their wet nose right where they shouldn't, drooled and that they smelled bad and that smell got even worse when they got wet.

Happy to report all these bad habits were very soon forgotten when we got to know and love him. Yes, he was a great looking dog. I admit I get a little choked up seeing these pix of him.

I know the feeling. I've lost 10 or more over the course of 57 years. It never get easier but they're worth it.

Disruptive Pattern

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2014
East Coast
This is our boy Ash, a wolf hound cross, who sadly is no longer with us, my loyal companion of 14 years.
Photo0026_zps9fab1886.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And this is Bentley our lab, who is know 2. Soaking up the early morning sun.
2014-03-12-478_zps2ec6780a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We lasted 2 months with out getting another dog after Ash died, it was well hard and i miss him every single day. I can sympathize with all who have lost a good friend. But im convinced the good outways the bad. I personally would not be with out one.

Excellent thread and cracking photos. Always put a smile on your face.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Some cracking pics of sleepy mutts and as Biker says a bit bitter sweet as some pics of passed on pals.

Here's a few of my wee late pal passed out: -
193.JPG
DSC00024.JPG

Resize_P180712_05.041000015.jpg

Showed no shame whilst asleep - didn't show much when awake either though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE