Leatherwork recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

masmgrif

Aug 19, 2014
Merseyside
Hello hive mind,
I have a Lionsteel M7 en route and I will want a leather sheath made for it, dangler style. I’d like some recommendations for leatherwork that won’t break the bank. It does not need pouches, straps, fire steel loop etc
TiA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Bardster and Hamish Half Goat of this parish are two that spring to mind.

Having said that you're more likely to get ahold of them on FB Bardsters Crafts and Pictavia Leather

There other good leatherworkers on here but I can't remember off the top of my head who else to suggest. Some of the knife makers take on the odd sheath commision from time to time

Reactions: giancarlo and Toddy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The bank gets broken once you really start getting into it :lmao:
Shhh... You are supposed to let them get hooked first!

Masmgrif, if you fancy giving it a blast let us know and we might be able to help.

Apologies in advance if you were purely shopping.

Reactions: SaraR

masmgrif

Aug 19, 2014
Merseyside
Thanks guys. I’m not too unhappy with its plastic case at the mo. But I’m now intrigued by the diy angle. Where’s the best place to buy the leather though? Tools etc available on Amazon, but leather is more difficult. I’ve no idea of the thickness and type I’d need.

Reactions: Minotaur

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Thanks guys. I’m not too unhappy with its plastic case at the mo. But I’m now intrigued by the diy angle. Where’s the best place to buy the leather though? Tools etc available on Amazon, but leather is more difficult. I’ve no idea of the thickness and type I’d need.

Hello rabbit hole.......

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
A leather worker who gives me bits and pieces recommended these guys in Matlock for veg tanned leather. He gets very rude about chrome leather.

I’ve never dealt with them as I’ve never needed more than a few square inches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE