Leather spoons and a bunch of other stuff

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Have been working away like mad on various projects at the moment not to mention all the pouches trying to use up the last of my leather. This week, to pass some time inbetween works thought i would try something different.

I see so many posts on here about folk carving spoons, and after carving my first wooden spoon at northwood the other week i thought i would try a material that agrees with me more so knocked up two wee leather ones. one is hot waxed, and the other just wet moulded and decorated. The bowl is sturdy but the neck is still a bit weak so they are just for show

9lvz.jpg

l6iu.jpg

Been an absolute scorcher of a week whilst working in a solid steel boat, tis like a greenhouse. Tis nice being able to roll up the bow and work half indoors/half outdoors, and now and again get a plesent visit from this wee family

88x3.jpg

yo8l.jpg

b2y3.jpg

few pictures of things i have made in the last month

qw4d.jpg

coam.jpg

pkzz.jpg

zrft.jpg

cheers
Hamish

Dreadhead

Very nice. Love the decorated spoon. Needs some way of making it usable as its too good for just show.

Thanks bud :)

I reckon either sew an extra piece of leather to the weak area, or simply fold and sew a small pleat/rib down the handle and neck area

nice idea btw :)

some nice ideas there thanks ;) these were just to pass the time, but i may make more in the future and reckon the folded rib is a good way to go

I HATE YOU ! :)

Must come down and spend a weekend with you and Fi, or you come to us at the coast, have a nice crafting weekend.

Rev G

haha still waiting to see what you do with that old leather jacket ;) shall have to sort something out indeed!

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
Made my mate a magic plait wrist band from an off cut of the leather, but forgot to take a pic of it, he was well made up with it.

Rev G

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Really nice and unusual Hamish, we're going to miss your work while your away. You could use them for cold or dry stuff like salt or sugar couldn't you?

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I reckon if the handle had a curve to it, as if the bowl ran up into the handle, then that should strengthen the neck sufficiently,

Which I think is what others may also have suggested.

Lovely work as always.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE