Leather flasks.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Blethering about these with Gill put me in the mood to fill some gaps in the collection.
The round one holds about a half pint and is for wee wanders away from camp. I already have one this size but wanted one like Asterix's.
The other holds half that and is for high juice(I don't drink tea or coffee but do drink a power of orange juice).

FLASK.jpg

:)
Josh

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Pearl barley as recommended by Eric. Worked a treat. The little one is a bit bumpy(it's only 2mm leather) but that's no problem. The other is just over 3mm leather and formed smoother.

Aye Gill. Not made a template yet but thinking somewhere around half gallon and amphora shaped(to keep the width below the 6" of the canoe hatch).
Wouldn't be able to dip it but could give it a go in the oven.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
They look great Josh goodjob .......I'm not yet confident enough to try one of these yet but I bought a couple off Eric some time ago and love them to bits. Do you use powdered orange juice btw cos I tried that with one of mine and it took ages to get rid of the taste from the bottle. This if fine if just using it for the same thing but I change contents a lot, water, juice, singin ginger etc. :naughty:

Lovely Josh.

The flasks that is...

Although your no' bad wi' a drink in me...:lmao:

Remind me to set up a little further away from you at Glentrool Tam :nono: :lmao: :lmao:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Yon powdered orange is a bit sweet for my taste but yeah, the wee bottle is for concentrate itself and that's all it'll be used for. I sometimes used the half pint one I got off Eric for concentrate and it did take a while to clear the taste again.
To be fair though I forgot about it between trips one time and it was lying for weeks. I think half the trick is allowing them to dry and air between uses.
Used a bit of milton fluid in the end then let it dry, was ok after that.

...until I banged in the stopper too quick one day with too much water in and the pressure blew a bit of the seam. Gave it another quick dip while doing the new ones so it's back in action now. :)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Thought I'd tie up the thread with a good-to-go photo.

FLASK2.jpg

Bardsters looks a bit beat up next to the shiny ones but to be fair it's kicked around a good chunk of the west coast, been salt-encrusted and baked, frozen solid, knelt on and once made a pretty determined bid for freedom down one of the wetter rapids on the Orchy.
Adds character. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE