Leather boots wanted......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Hi fellas!

Boots especially leather ones - are an important thing for me in bushcraft.
Now I use my sneakers or when I am in the mountains my mountain boots but both are not ideal for my bushcraft purpose.
I´m after a pair of good leather boots and searched for a long while.
Found some that looks wonderfull to me but didnt fit at all. Then I found some that fits me well, but were ugly like nothin else, also checked out some which were really poor quality.

What I want are mid-high boots (to lace up) made out of leather - prefered brown ones in good quality and a nice looking over all!
I know last is my own choice, but you know what I mean.
Can you recommend me a pair of boots which meet my criteria?

thx for your help
cheers
Mike

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
My personal choice are German Para (Bundeswehr) boots. Getting quite rare in the UK, but maybe easier for yourself in Austria :D
Roughly £35-40 for 'Super Grade'

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
My personal choice are German Para (Bundeswehr) boots.

....thx for that, but I want something ankle deep and not going so high. And YES they should be brown, which is a KO-criteria for me if not! The para boots are sure great, but dont fit what I am looking for.

cheers
Mike

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Yeah,
What size?

I have a pair of Scarpa in brown but the leather is 'rough' side out,with no 'tex type linings.

Size is UK 7 or 8 but i'd need to clarify that.(they're in the shed).

S

skoper

If your looking for something that,l last a few years look at some meindl, boots, they cost a bit but last a lot,

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Thx for the infos so far!
I need some in size 9 (EU 43) - but as I said before in brown!
Meindl shoes are great but not really what I´m after - they have more modern ones.
I bought Scarpa boots 1 year ago, but the are too high cut and too heavy!
boots about ankle high are perfect. They dont need to be extra sturdy for mountain use because I dont use them with cramp on´s or so.
For mountain purpose I use my Mammut boots.
Wanna something for the summer to walk around the woodlands.

The price of the boots are not on first position. If they are exactly what I´m looking for they could be very pricey! Thats no problem.
The rogue ranger boots looks perfect to me (high of the boot, color etc.) but are not well recommended - so I´m looking for something better!

thx
Mike

I had a pair of those and they were not too bad at all especially for just 40 Bar, Not like a top grade boot, but fantastic value.
Would buy another pair as a back up pair.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE